Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK How a Feud Between Two Tea Party Leaders Helped Lay the Groundwork for the Capitol Insurrection – Mother Jones

Women were founders of what I call The Evangelical Tirade. I point this out because it is often laid at the feet of men. White middle-age men from rural South, specifically, who infected white middle-class men in the North with their BS. Men certainly signed on and embedded themselves in making it work but they were not the founders.

“Hello, deplorables!”

That’s how Amy Kremer greeted the thousands of Trump supporters she had helped gather at the Ellipse in Washington, DC, on January 6 to “stop the steal.” Resplendent onstage in a bold leopard-print shawl, with the White House rising up behind her, the former flight attendant had come a long way since she and another Georgia woman, Jenny Beth Martin, became known as the “founding mothers” of the tea party movement back in 2009.

“I come from the tea party movement, and I’m asked all the time: What happened to the tea party?” Kremer told the crowd at the Ellipse. “Well, we’re still here. We just grew and morphed into something bigger and better—the MAGA movement. And I am convinced that were it not for the tea party movement, we would not have the president Donald J. Trump today.”

rainmanjr 8 May 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Tea Party, John Birch Society, America First Committee, Fascist Legion, Black Legion, Father Coughlin. All this is nothing new. All an offshoot of the same thing.

That wasn't my, or the article's, point.

@rainmanjr I read the article. I made my point. What do want? A cookie?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:597622
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.