Agnostic.com

3 2

Well, the Send-Off for "Young Jack" went really well yesterday.
We all finally learned his last name, Reynolds, from his only surviving relative, his daughter Jenny.
To the surprise of almost everyone, 2 of our local Bus Drivers, both being Cabinet Makers/Carpenters, made Jack a casket shaped like a Bus and from locally sourced She-oak as well.
We had a complete bus load of friends and acquaintances of Young Jack aboard when the procession left the Funeral Directors, plus about 15 other cars following on behind.
Despite a slight protest from the Funeral Director over conveying Jack via mini-bus instead of their Hearse, soon sorted out with the ' no so quiet intervention' of Jack's daughter, Jenny, Jacks Last Ride took him almost the entire way around town BEFORE arriving at the Cemetery where he was laid to rest and as his casket was lowered everyone was asked to drop into the grave a handful unused Bus Tickets with NO expiry time or dates on them in lieu of flowers.
It was also arranged that Jack was buried in the uniform of a Bus Driver and that in his honour, the theme from the British Show, " On the Buses" be played before and after the Service, during the Procession and at the grave-side and, in accordance with Jacks most sternest of wishes, " No Bloody Pulpit-Pounding Preachers or 'frigging' mentions of God/Jesus and religion at his Service" were permitted.

Triphid 9 May 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thank you for painting such a beautiful picture in words. 🙂

What a marvelous send off!

<—- Wonders why this is the first time she has heard of “young Jack”, the cabinet makers, and town.

It is well worth while following @Triphid. He portrays outback Australia magnificently.

@anglophone Unfortunately, he also posts a lot of nonsense.

@MsKathleen I do do I, and how, may one ask did you reach/arrive at that conclusion WITHOUT, may I add, even knowing me in the least?

@Triphid I only go by the posts I see. Nothing against you, but not interested in a steady diet.

@MsKathleen So, in your most erudite of opinions, my posts are often "a lot of nonsense" then. May one ask IF, perhaps you arrived at this momentous conclusion WHILST giving yourself a Colonoscopy by purely visual means and NOT by Medical Methods?

@Triphid So the best thing to do in this circumstance is that? You know what you post. I happen to find a lot of it offensive. If I found it all to be offensive, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Feel free to ignore me in future; I am not worth wasting your effort.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:599265
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.