Agnostic.com

36 8

Why are you a loner?

If you are, why do you think that is?

I find people to try my patience. I prefer to not be around them as I might just say something that would not be either kind or helpful.

Also, and maybe more of the reason, I think I am just too much for most people. I am strongly opinionated, loud, foul mouthed, outgoing (pushing the limits), adventurious (always ready to change things up), and just don't want to take crap from people. I believe this is more common for women of a certain age. And part of the reason I have not been able to secure a good job.

And maybe just a tad bit insecure and worried what others think or feel about me. I keep a buffer.

What are your reasons.?

Akfishlady 8 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Loner? I have a dog and two cats. Plus a mysterious Maine Coon stray and a possum in the backyard.

Because my mother was a stressed-out, messed up teenager when she had me and she had neither help nor any clue what she was doing.

As a result we didnt develop the bond of security that a mother/infant should establish and I have trust issues as a result. extreme trust issues. That is why.

Introversion is a common trait of high IQ people. In my case, it's from my androgyne nature. Male traits are typically found on the (nonverbal) right brain hemisphere, so having to talk to people quickly tires and annoys me. I enjoy people when I'm with them, but need to go outside for a long walk in nature to recharge and recover my inner peace.

I get bore, someone wants to pick my brains and no can do. I got a lot of thoughts meant to be private. I have a short attention span. Passion must be feed like a hungry monster or dissapears in the darkness where lust awaits in vain to be consumed, when inspiration comes... I don't want to be disturbed. I can interrupt my loner stance for the right individual, where used to be music now is silence and I like my quiet place. But I am a sucker for partnered dancing so... here you go. My Lady, Care to dance?

Because I have mastered chaos and when ever I think I got something under control the ideas explore like a hydrogen bomb on steroids.

I like my own company, I enjoy being alone but am not lonely.
Recognize that some times things are so much better shared but I really enjoy being out and connected to nature, just me, my cameras and two Labradors along for the ride.

I would never have thought I would become so comfortable being in my own space, life events etc have contributed to me making peace with insecurity

How's that saying go..... "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog."

Me, only child and been on my own since I was 16 so it kind of goes with the territory. The tough part is to really be ok with being a loner... you have to like yourself.

I'm an introvert by nature, so my first instinct is to seek solitude. That being said, I'm quite sick of being alone, and would love to find some companionship.

I am just a miserable bastard. But WTF I have my cats who needs other people.

You are my kind of girl, can you cook ?

You are obsessed with food, why not just learn to cook?

@LenHazell53 I can, but like to delegate so I can do something else, like putting up posts on this site.

Small minded sheeple ...I get angered and frustrated by all the mermadons.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:60013
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.