Agnostic.com

6 23

Today's hike in the Cascade Mountain foothills with new women's group.

Today was my first hike with the women's group from Cascade Unitarian Fellowship. I had fun. Eight women and one doggie.

To my delight, two women drove high-clearance vehicles. We piled in and headed up the steep, washboard road to the trailhead. My low-slung Honda would never make it.

After ten minutes of fast hiking, Linda turned back because she was having (chronic) breathing problems. Once I got home, I checked on her. "How are you feeling? I'm worried about you." Although she feels better, she has a doctor appointment tomorrow.

We hiked four steep miles with over 1,200 feet of elevation gain. It was beautiful.

After hiking, we ate lunch at an expensive restaurant outdoors on the deck. I just had a small salad and split an order of garlic bread. Not enough calories to underwrite the calories burned. But I wasn't willing to spend $40 for lunch.

I had packed a healthy lunch. Will eat it for dinner.

LiterateHiker 9 June 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i thought you had to boil something dehydrated and made of seaweed for it to really count. nice day tho.

@hankster

You wrote:

"i thought you had to boil something dehydrated and made of seaweed for it to really count."

What are you talking about?

@LiterateHiker hiking dining

@hankster

Yuck.

@LiterateHiker i know.

You know how to bring out the beauty of nature.

Very beautiful!!!

Jeez! Hope they don't always go there for lunch!

Awesome

bobwjr Level 10 June 9, 2021

A hike and lunch sounds awesome, but $40 for lunch is prohibitive. I hope Linda feels better soon. Your pictures are amazing, as usual 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:602475
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.