Agnostic.com

9 27

Today's hike: Climbing Mt. Beehive and blue Lupine showing off.

Karen and I hiked a six-mile loop with about 2,000 feet of elevation gain. Lupine flowers were in their glory and covered hillsides.

"Let's climb Mt. Beehive after lunch," Karen said. Glad I ate a Cliff bar with one shot of espresso coffee with lunch!

First, I got deeply chilled standing in shade and strong freezing winds. Two of Karen's women friends stopped their car to offer condolences for the death of Karen's husband. They talked for thirty minutes while I shivered in a wet shirt. Eventually put on a jacket.

No worries. We hiked steeply to the summit. That warmed me up.

Alas, this morning I blasted out of the house without my smartphone. I could not take closeups of flowers. My wonderful Sony camera excels in landscapes only. While hiking, I refuse to fiddle with different camera lens with pitch on my fingers, dust and dirt.

Photos:

1. Enchantment Mountains from the summit. Love how clouds are the shape of the mountains. This often happens.

2. Blue Lupine flowers covered hillsides.

3. Tweedy's Lewisia flowers only grow in North Central Washington. Taken last week with my smartphone.

4. Beehive Reservoir is used for irrigation. Ovoid-shaped men fished from lawn chairs.

5. A young, vibrant Fir tree delighted us.

LiterateHiker 9 June 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your shivering in the cascades and we are melting in the heat and humidity in southern Bama...trade?

Ovoid-shaped men... priceless!😂😅🤣

19dacar52

Glad you saw the humor! They look like Humpty-Dumpty.

"Could they be more sedentary?" Karen asked after we walked by.

@LiterateHiker I have had this mental image of two portly men in lawn chairs smoking cigarettes reminiscing about their younger days... I cannot unsee it. I love your stories.

@19dacar52

I wish this website had a button for Laugh/Love. You are hilarious! Still laughing.

"Love your stories," you wrote. This warms my heart. Thank you.

@LiterateHiker Yeah, imagine Oliver Hardy sitting in a lawn chair fishing. No offense to Oliver. Stan and Ollie are my favorite comedians. They were the best in my opinion.

@LiterateHiker my kids had toys called Weebles. That’s what I’m imagining. “Weeblea wobble but they don’t fall down”

@BudFrank I remember those... I don't know if my kids had them though.

Great photos. I wonder who gave the mountain its name, and what it looks like from afar. In other words, if it is really beehive shaped.

@Fernapple

Beehive Mountain has a normal shape. Maybe the man who named it got stung by a bee.

At the summit, there were multiple wildflowers blooming with bees, wasps, insects and butterflies flitting around gathering pollen.

I still scratch my head at the lack of creativity in naming canyons, streets and mountains.

In Wenatchee, WA: Number 1 Canyon and Number 2 Canyon.

In Quincy: streets are A, B, C, D and cross streets are 1, 2, 3, 4.

@LiterateHiker Lovely Photos. Thank you.

Nice pics.

All your hikes and photos are wonderful to read about and see.

@Robert_2001

Thank you so much. Half-Irish, I'm a born storyteller.

Beautiful

bobwjr Level 10 June 10, 2021

Beautiful as always.

Lovely......

Always look forward to reading your adventures.

Ohub Level 7 June 10, 2021

@Ohub

Thank you!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:602684
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.