Agnostic.com

4 2

Just a few weeks into restrictions being lifted, and already i can't say "tourists" without putting "fucking " in front of it.

Secretguy 7 June 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In Cornwall, where that guy from America has just been with the British PM. (Wish I could remember the names, Bodon and Biris or something like that. ) They are called, 'elmos' which is the local name for ants, because they swarm all over the place in summer, and then disappear in winter.

I don't go visit my downtown much until winter for that reason.

In the Black Hills we call them "tourons" (short for touring morons) for the insanely stupid things they do. The absolute worst of it is the Sturgis Motorhome Rally and Trailor Parking (use\ed to be motorcyclists, now it is all aging Boomers that bought a $450,000 motorhome, trailer, and matching moroncycles to park in front, cuz they don't know how to ride 'em).

Like this video from last year shot by friends of my neighbor:

Holy shit. How'd that get started?

@Secretguy well, it started when a large bunch of elderly people bought bikes and decided they were born again badasses. They left their good sense at home and convinced themselves that since they were badass bikers they were utterly invincible. This particularly senseless fool saw a bison calf trying desperately to stay behind his mother as the mob of morons continued to press closer and closer. Taking umbrage at a cow hiding her calf (after all, senseless fool PAID good money at the park entrance and felt entitled) she proceeded to move slowly closer and closer. Every time the calf moved to avoid, the woman shifted her approach to the calf. This is EXACTLY how predators single out the animal they are seeking to cull from the herd. This is EXACTLY why bison have developed a great ability to defend their calves. Eventually, the woman was a few paces from the now visibly nervous cow and the cow stepped forward and gave the lowest level of dissuasion used in bison herd communication: she pressed her forehead to the encroaching bipedal cow and flipped her nose up. Now, when done bison to bison, it's a gentle shove that says, "my calf would appreciate if you would graze in another direction". For a human receiving, it's the equivalent of the obligatory shove you get in a developing bar fight. It may or may not put you on your ass, but is nothing injurious. But the offending motorcycle cow in this case was about 160 lbs of flabby, out of shape couch potato, and not an 800 lb young bison. (I've worked bison herds on a number of occasions and this is truly a gentle and respectful interaction between members of the herd, it is very polite discourse for these animals). As the cow bison's head rose up to shove the lady, her right horn hooked under the monkey-cow's belt around her waist. Then as the bison turned to her left to go back and move her calf away, the now entangled motorcycle ape was unceremoniously whipped around screaming and flailing whilst hanging off the horn like a demented ornament. This spooked the bison and she whipped counterclockwise as the increasingly frantic couch cow wailed and flailed ON THE SIDE OF THE BISON'S FACE! The bison now thinks she is being attacked and spins faster and faster until the parasitic monkey freak's pants and belt fail catastrophically leaving her "pantsed" and bare-assed unconscious in the ditch. Mind you, the failed Darwin Award contestant walked past a large highway sign saying "Stay Away From Buffalo. Buffalo are Dangerous" to meet her almost-Doom. Having, in all likelihood, already reproduced, and failing to be taken out of the gene pool, she was disqualified and cannot claim any standing in the Darwin Award Contestant Pantheon of of the Pitiful.

@Secretguy No offense intended with this question. You get tourists in Pittsburgh? See Fort Pitt? The Andy Warhol Museum? Have a Primante Bros sandwich? Go to Sheetz? Mac n Cheese bites with bang bang sauce. If your hotel has a pool, it might be a great vacation.

barjoe Level 9 June 12, 2021

I haven't lived in Pittsburgh for several years.

@Secretguy Your profile says Pittsburgh, it's not Philly but I like the 'Burgh. I'm guessing you're living in a more touristy city. NOLA?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:603037
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.