Agnostic.com

8 3

LINK Nearly half of Americans believe dinosaurs still exist - The Jerusalem Post

I'd be willing to be that 50% of those surveyed were creationists.

snytiger6 9 June 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The same sort of Americans that believe "The Flintstones" is a documentary.

Technically they are correct. The most updated classification of species all birds are from the Clade Dinosauria that is the definition of what is and what is not a dinasaur.

I like the convenience of roasted dinosaur and microwaved vegetables. Ooo and gravy, I do like gravy.

I believe your right.

I keep one in my backyard, better even than a goat for brush control!

I guess that the first two responders did not follow the link. LOL
(Or they may just think that the literal view is just more interesting.)

Some of them saw and believe Jurassic Park and the rest of them listen to their pastor who claims the universe is 6000 years old.

barjoe Level 9 June 14, 2021

Well, birds are descendants of one type of dinosaur, so they're pretty much right.
Dinosaurs were NOT cold blooded reptiles, reptiles never evolve feathers, and when feathers first developed they were not easily distinguishable from hair, but in the next stages started doing the ultimate split end thing that created downy feathers that are obviously useful for regulating body heat, it took millions of years from then to develop feathers that helped them not fall as fast, and a few more million to develop true flight feathers.
I'm guessing that 50% of the dumbnesses on this planet aren't as dumb as we think, or rather we aren't that much smarter than the 50% we keep looking down on.
Intelligence is decreased in the presence of a competitive attitude, and an open curious attitude with some recognition of ones own limitations is more of what intelligence actually is than the collection of isolated facts one has collected during the course of your life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:603340
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.