Agnostic.com

11 12

LINK North Carolina Plantation Cancels Juneteenth Event That Had Nothing to Do with End of Slavery, Manager Defends Event and Refuses to Apologize

"the stories of massa, the Confederate soldiers, the overseer, the displaced white families."

He calls slave owners "massa", traitors "Confederate soldiers", the slave owners torturer "the overseer" and the remnants of the traitors who backed the attempted take over the country and the ability to hold onto black people as slaves for perpetuity "displaced white families". He's taken on the vernacular of his oppressor.

The fact that this person even took on a job that made it his responsibility to put one of America's labor concentration camps for black people in a positive light (plantations are just the death camps of America) is disgusting and a demonstration of how warped his mind is in admiring the society that tortured enslaved his ancestors. The fact that there is actually an industry in the south making these death camps into happy places to hold events is a demonstration of the disgusting nature of the southern way. It's like making Auschwitz a new Disneyland of Europe and Anne Franks great-grandson the site-manager and he's bought into how the Nazis helped Germany.

redbai 8 June 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What a load of crap. If the op-Ed is going to mention slavery, why not mention that Arabs and other Africans were the ones that captured Africans and sold them to Europeans. Why should NC celebrate Juneteenth? It would make sense if Galveston or Texas as a whole celebrated but it makes no sense in any other state. America as nation had a short history of allowing slavery. When your source is the Atlanta Black Star, what do you expect but emotionally charged propaganda?

It's not an op-ED it's a news article. Now if you're not bright enough to know the difference, that a different thing.

Why mention any of that on a day celebrating slaves being released? Why shouldn't the entire nation be celebrating the last day slaves found out they were free?

When the source is you, no one expects anything but a demonstration that you didn't understand the article and some nonsense pretending that you did while exposing incredible ignorance on the subject.

@redbai it is an opinion piece that uses a lot of emotionally charged language. You are the one that failed to grasp it. Again, why should the country celebrate it considering that the Emancipation Proclamation freed southern slaves on 1-1-1863? The only place that it would make sense to celebrate Juneteenth is Galveston, TX.

@redbai funnily, you chose the Atlanta Black-Star instead of the Charlotte Observer, the main source.

@Heavykevy1985 So you don't know the difference between an opinion piece and an article. I didn't think so but I didn't think you'd be so dumb as to prove it. The rest of your first answer demonstrates that you still don't understand what you read. Your second answer is just stupid.

@redbai so instead of debunking what i said, you are going to quibble over your “article” which reads more along the lines as an op-Ed. While you are at it, why not cite the Daily Stormer as a source? They publish articles.

@Heavykevy1985 There is nothing relevant in your posts to "debunk" as none of it is relevant to the article. You want to have a dialog about whatever BS your mind pops up go start a thread on it, I couldn't care less about your pathetic tangents to avoid the subject.

I'm still pretty sure you have no idea of the difference between a news article and an opinion piece, so I'll just let you look stupid and ignore it.

@redbai if you can it an article. You might as well get your nonsense from a website like the Daily Stormer. It’s a lot of crap taken out of context. No, you made an OP stemming from a shite source like the Atlanta Black-Star. Why is it so hard to humanize the other side? I am sure that wives and children growing up on the plantation are not combatants for the CSA. Why can’t you preserve the place and history, allowing for generations to see it? Comparing a plantation to Auschwitz is idiotic. Slaves were allowed to reproduce and continue on. Jews were flat out exterminated. Again, instead of debunking anything I said, you are still quibbling with me over nothing.

@Heavykevy1985 "if you can it an article." Translation please.

The idea that you believe that procreating for the purposes of your owners wealth is preferable to death is incredibly ignorant and as usual with you bereft of any humanity. The idea that you believe that people who wanted to own people and their descendents throughout perpetuity and started a war to make it so should be "humanized" is disgusting but apparently not to a racist heart.

Plantations are not "preserving a place in history" as it doesn't represent what those slave camps were doing for most of the time they existed. They were not party venues they were slave camps owned by disgusting people. Nothing of that is represented nor should there be a positive representation of owning people. You expose your disgusting nature for even suggesting it.

Preserving the racist, white supremacist bullshit lies of the south of how they weren't a bunch of the worst examples of humanity is a blatant lie. I'm not in the least bit surprised that you are in favor of it.

@redbai I am favor of preserving history. This is something ideologues and race demagogues like you cannot understand. You are from LA and have this smug self-righteous bigoted attitude when you really have no room to talk. The Rodney King Riots saw over $1 billion in damages and over fifty people. White people were pulled out of their cars and beaten within an inch of their lives. The most recent George Floyd “protests” saw even worse. Also, if slavery was so profitable, why is the south so poor. Slavery retarded the progress of the South economically. Quite a few people in the South at the time saw this. Many men fighting in the CSA were drafted and forced to fight. By deserting, you ran the risk of being hunted down by the home guard and shot on the spot. States rights was the main reason for joining the CSA. Hardly anyone fighting owned a plantation. Slavery was an institution thankfully abolished. It was not until 6-17-1865 when folks in Galveston got the news. The original point still stands, race huckster, why should the whole country celebrate Juneteenth? Alaska and West Virginia formed as free states. They never had slavery. Also, Pennsylvania was founded on the platform of anti-slavery.

@Heavykevy1985 "I am favor of preserving history."
Changing slave camps into party venues is not "preserving history" except to someone who has no respect for the truth. It's as disgusting as having statues of slave owners who attempted to overthrow the country and keep people in bondage because of the color of their skin. But then a racist like you wouldn't see that as disgusting as you want it as a norm.

You are LYING when you say that the men fighting for the CSA were "drafted and forced to fight". You couldn't get any moral or ethical person to fight for the right to own someone else unless they thought people they identified with had a right to own people. That makes them disgusting human beings. There was nothing stopping them from running and joining the side that didn't want to own human beings. Then they would have been protected by those who agreed that owning human beings and not betraying their country were honorable things to do. Instead they "cowardly" fought for traitors or did so voluntarily.

Who cares if they owned a slave camp? They fought to preserve them, just as you are doing. That's one of the many reasons I think you are racist right along with the other southerners who agree with you.

And I've already answered your silly question. In case you were too ignorant to be aware of it in the first place, 46 states including Alaska and West Virginia were already celebrating Juneteenth. Are you so ignorant of your state that you don't know their holidays?

Where is Juneteenth celebrated?
[cnn.com]

Southern Unionist
[en.wikipedia.org]

@Heavykevy1985 Slavery was never abolished in America. If the authorities convict a citizen of this country for a felony, they can be forced into unpaid labor. Read the pathetic excuse the constitution uses to get rid of slavery. It has a loophole the size of ever poor person in this country.

@redbai yeah, as in you owe a debt to society. Better than languishing away in a cell. The Constitution is awesome. Like it or leave, dummy

@redbai Appeals to emotions an ad homs. You have no arguments buddy but you keep tilting at them windmills there, race pimp

@Heavykevy1985 Yes, your disgusting need for the glorification of the most disgusting thing America ever did is noted. You can't explain how those pathetic slave camps and statues of white slavers are historic or how they define anything even close to the reality of that time or have anything to do with Juneteenth. You can't explain why "humanizing" slavers is something that should be part of the historical record of the country, you just say it should. The constitution is a pathetic document written by racist attempting to hold onto white power. It's a pathetic attempt at something it fell well short of. And this might shock you racist, I never had the constitution so there's nothing to leave.

Calling you a racist is not ad homonym its a proper descriptor of what you are. Something tells me you heard the phrase "tilting at windmills" somewhere and thought you knew how to use it. Sorry, ya screwed that up too. Racism is real and you are evidence.

@redbai the constitution is a living document that allows for all people to enjoy this country and breathe the free air. Again, question still stands:: why should we as a nation celebrate Juneteenth? It still stands but you use this platform to spew your idiotic bile and call everyone “racist” that disagrees with you. Your “tilting at windmills” because of the fact you calling me a racist is a refutation when it is not. You are a stupid asshole who cannot see that this country is far better than it was before. There are more interracial couples than ever. Race is not an impediment to anyone becoming successful except for affirmative action bullshit. Instead of regurgitating the same talking points of race pimps like Ibram Kendi and Don Lemon, please come up with an original thought. Here’s a suggestion; if you think that the US is a racist hellscape, do not let the door hit you where the good lord split you. Bye Felicia!

@Heavykevy1985 "the constitution is a living document that allows for white people to enjoy this country and breathe the free air"

There. I made your lie more believable.

Why should I bother explaining celebrating the end of slavery to a racist who venerates the society that maintained it? You don't have the decency to understand the concepts involved. And as usual, you the racist end with the same bullshit racists have been using for decades, get out. Well fuck you. This is my country and if you don't like how I use my "freedom of speech", tough shit. I'd rather stay and point out how racist it is by exposing racists like you. You racists apparently don't have the intelligence or evidence to refute it and it's becoming entertaining exposing your vile personalities to a receptive world.

@redbai problem is that you are incapable of making your argument. Considering that you sources like CNN, Atlanta-Black Star, etc., you stupidly the propaganda, lock, stock, and barrel. You have every right, guaranteed by the Constitution that you hate, to say a bunch of dumb shit. Why not be like Stevie Wonder and leave for Ghana if you think that this country is such a racist hellhole? It is obvious that you have white people in particularly. You resent living in a country that is majority white. Just leave if you hate it so much. What a miserable, useless twat you are.

@Heavykevy1985 Why should I go to Ghana? I'm fine here exposing vile racists like you to the world right here in America. Just because disgusting racists like you live here doesn't mean I have to leave, people like you have always been in America. I've been alive a long time and I see less and less of your pathetic personality getting away with their behavior and I'm good with that. I want to watch these last gasps of the white supremacists in this country from a front row seat and if not, point out how disgusting it is regardless.

I don't "resent living in a country that is majority white", but that's what a white racist would assume instead of acknowledging how their racism affects the lives of non-white people. But as I've said before, you do what asshole, ignorant whites have done for generations. Assume you know something about black people and then hope other whites agree with your disgusting assumptions. Your problem is that there are less and less people doing so and racist like you are being exposed as vile and ignorant.

Why would I leave such a show? It's quite intriguing watching just how dishonest, hypocritical and detached from reality that racists can be attempting to pretend they aren't as vile and disgusting as their personalities expose them to be.

@redbai so essentially you define all whites as white supremacists? If there is any kind of fragility is not white fragility but from blacks like yourself. You hate that whites are more successful than blacks and that whites have kicked ass everywhere. Whites have formed the most free societies. Everything is yours for the earning but you would much rather mope and bitch about how racist this country is. Show me how cotton built skyscrapers. Society, by and large, has rejected racism but you have embraced. Only thing that had been exposed is what a bigoted dunce you are. You lack any kind of nuance. Your thinking is literally black and white. No, I suggested that you could go to a place that more people that look like you. Instead of celebrating the fact there is a plethora that markedly demonstrates that your notion of this country being racist at its core is wrong. If blacks are so oppressed, how comes Nigerian-Americans have a higher per capita income than whites? No, you are one of this bitter, sour grapes Blacks who will tell other blacks “you cannot make it because whitey is keeping you down.... muh slavery, muh Jim Crow, muh redlining, muh broken windows, etc.” No, you really do live in some fantasy land buddy.

@Heavykevy1985 "so essentially you define all whites as white supremacists?"

No, you're making a false claim to rattle off a lot of bullshit. Calling people like you white supremacist is not calling all white people white supremacists because there are white people not like you. White people are no more monolithic than any other group of people based on skin color. That's stupid and racist since your stupid comment is based on skin color. But I didn't expect much more than that so at least you don't disappoint.

The rest of your rant is that bullshit I was talking about based off the lie defined in your first sentence. Like I said before, you falsely define black people, attack the ignorant construction you've created and then pretend you've done something. Classic racist tactic. You repeating it over and over again just demonstrates the ignorance of the racist ideology you so fiercely defend and the antiquated tools at its disposal.

BTW, denying racism is another old racist tactic. You really should find new tactics as the old ones are obvious lies and obfuscation.

@redbai no. You hate white people in general. What you define as white supremacy is just your butthurt over the fact that the US is majority. That really gets your goat. Racism exists with race hustlers like yourself and Al Sharpton. Systemic and institutional racism is a boogeyman that race pimps like yourself use to beat lily-liveried white liberals over the head like a cudgel. I am not one of them. Racism is not impediment for blacks to succeed. What it also boils down to is deep down inside, you hate this country but are too big of chickenshit to stick by courage of your convictions and leave this “racist hellscape of white supremacy.”

@Heavykevy1985 And there's that racist tactic of telling a black person what they feel instead of accepting the possibility that they can tell what they feel without your ignorant input. Where did I say I hate white people in general? Never said it, so you're lying. But a white racist such as yourself has to believe it to facilitate their racist beliefs, explaining your ignorant response detailing some fairytale black person you've made up in your head.

You're like a theist. Keep believing in your imaginary black person instead of a god. Not a shred of evidence to back up your lies, but you'll keep ranting them anyway. Makes you feel good to wallow in your ignorance instead of accepting reality.

Wow... america being america.

Hey, it is a plantation. Is Black Friday considered a black holiday? 🙂

I disagree, they are slave camps prettied up so that the south could facilitate the lie of "southern gentilism and culture" instead of the traitorous, barbaric slave owners they were. I have no idea why black friday would be a black holiday.

how many special national holidays should blacks have?

How many are you ignorantly assuming there are?

Let's count the white holidays , 1,2,3 4,5,6,7,8,9, and 10, and yep MLK Day is a white holiday, granted by whites, for whites, yep the cleaning lady still has to come in

@NHwoodsman ............lets count the percentage the blacks represent here. 12 %. a fairly stable, stightly growing figure for a people so terribily tyrannized. that number might justify 1 holiday. the jews in 1945 europe had dropped from 6 million plus to only 50,000. you know - a real genocide. most of the 50,000 were in isreal within 6 months. please tell, when was the population drop among the oppressed american blacks? ................ it was 1919 when the black hero marcus garvey set up the black star steamship line specifically to provide american blacks"escape" to liberai from the america you hate. it was1919. the center peice of his "back to africa" movement. the problem was...BLACKS DIDNT WANT TO GO!. apparently they spefered to stay right here and endlessly grouse. was it garvy's marked anti semitism? his mail fraud comviction in 1923. ? he was actually an early precurser of blm, with matching integrety. anyway, the whole operation was a fraudulent comic opera fiasco. leaking and literally sinking ships bought at exorbatent prices, kick backs to "the 1st black ship captain" on its purchase price. there were many black "firsts" back then , as now. by 1922 it went bankrupt with losses estimated at $1.25 million. i can't locate an estimate of how many black americans actually made it to liberia this way, but it is known that their desendants today constitute a a special corrupt elete that bully and tyranizes the native liberians in monrovia.....................what shall we count next?

@holdenc98 you cherry pick you facts, that why history is so contorted , yes the slave trade was multi partnership but it WAS slavery . yes the Jews got wiped by Germany but many of education and means knew it was coming and went west. And yes "America" was founded on the genocide of Native American , yep lucky your white with lotta holiday time.
We are all part of the human race, that's the one we should be worried about.

@NHwoodsman . YES. I PICK TOPICS TO MAKE MY POINT. YOU GLOSS OVER TOPICS TO MAKE YOURS! thats much more grievous. like the incredibly high rate of black felonious crime. i myself have lost a couple thousand in theft and breakin damage. like black murder rates. i myself have 4 personal stories of friends or friends of friends murdered or raped. the rape was a man tied to a chair and forced to watch his wife raped. in the east village, 2 blocks off houston st. i was robbed at knifepoint by 4 black kids in a elevator on the lower east side. they wanted me to take them up to "my crib" but i took a chance with my life and refused. ive got a ton more real life true black stories. WHARE'S MY "REPARATIONS" ? ANY BORE DUBIOUS CLAIMS FROM YOU, COMPARING SLAVERY TO THE HOLOCAUST?

@nhwoodsman . You dont deny that in 1940 there were 6 million plus jews in germany. In 1945 there were 50,000. The entire total of all black lynchings, both innocent and criminals, from 1865 t0 modern timesd doesnt equal what happened in auschwitz in one afternoon , every day, from 1942 to 1945, to innocents. My question to blm.... Like congress woman green, you must know you are lying. How can you do that and look in a mirror?

@holdenc98 yes you are right you can't compare the holocaust to slavery. Yes the negro race has trouble with whites' , they often revert to their African roots cause they can't get the goods, often they get pushy with the male casting an eye for the white woman even tho da no's dat trubble. But ya know there is that earthy desires white women posses for the pleasure that primitive sex can excite. Powerful stuff, ya know Ms Green closes her eyes the covers and shudders with thoughts of Ol buck ravashing her womenhood. Shakes violently praying in Jesus' name , Oh God. Yep I look in the mirror patting my wallet glad I ain't black.

@NHwoodsman ................how low do you go?.you actually believe this garbage or are you totally mentally corrupt and trying to play the traditional mental harp strings ofthat peculiar myth harp that alex haley and the long traditional list of black race huxters have given you? whichever the case, your next logical move would be to find honesty and intergety. spotty integrety doesnt cut it in whats left of the old white intellectual culture. want to play with the big boys.? get integrety, come back ......... 1 year! ...... ps im pretty sure i could fuck you under the table. your mama didnt have any complaints. and judging from the fat skanks i see with black men, you and yours are welcome to them. .............. 'reverting to their african roots" is this wigger talk fro rwandan hutos and tutsies? lets campare that little highlight of the "lost african kingdoms" to american slavery

@holdenc98 @NHwoodsman Watching two bigots rant about who can say the most racist and ignorant thing they can think of about black people wasn't enlightening in the least.

@redbai perhaps to goad the insane on is not the prudent tack. I apologize for cluttering up the message board with vile human floatsome . Perhaps it's the ignorance of the many that allows you to debase yourself. The duke said "your just spitting out words to see where they splatter" Someone wiser once said "words are dangerous and they can hurt" yep some pretty crass language , Sorry, Last word on that.

Racism is alive and thriving in North Carolina

bobwjr Level 10 June 15, 2021

truth is alive and fighting for air in n carolina. think outside the box npr puts you in. i know you can

Really? Prove it

I had a tour guide on a plantation in Louisiana tell me that slaves were lucky to be slaves because they were well cared for by their owners. I couldn't believe my ears. So my friend and I ran a few questions by her about those comments. She became quite defensive and hostile. Just to add to this story. The only reason that we visited this particular plantation was because, unlike other plantations, it still had slave cabins on the property. I wanted to get a glimpse of their living conditions. I wasn't the least big interested in the opulence or depravity of the big house.

I'm always amazed by the irony of "well cared for slaves" who were apparently constantly attempting to escape and caused a recorded 250+ uprisings in the south. It's like they don't even care if their claims make sense. You're supposed to just believe what they say and analyzing it is taboo.

@redbai I agree. The guide had complete confidence in what she believed to be true, as ridiculous as it was. I think that thought process is very prevalent in many if not all aspects of todays society. QAnon being a prime example.

@redbai, @Gwendolyn2018 I agree.

History has been buried long enough. Time to Dig it up like the children of the Indian schools in Canada. Even the fossils of long ago tell the truth. The Cracker breaks and crumbles easily enough ,,, can't wait to watch...

The manger is morally and historically correct.

Then you should be able to list all the other examples of countries that minimized the atrocities committed by their people and those that tried to overthrow the government by a civil war by creating party venues of the lands in which the atrocities were committed. Included in this examples will be sanitized explanations of those that committed the atrocities where they are given the chance to explain how they were actually good, but misunderstood people who suffered.

Otherwise you're full of shit and making a special exception for the atrocities of America.

@redbai You are attributing views to me that do not exist. You do not know me or what I think, feel, and value. So, I would appreciatde your not making such hostile and untrue statements.

Ummmmm, What?

@wordywalt So he's "morally and historically correct" because you say so. You can't demonstrate it to be true, it just is. I couldn't care less what you would "appreciate". You are lying about a man who is attempting to mitigate the atrocities of slavery and only an asshole or racist would do so. If you cannot give a better explanation of your comment then mine stands and I couldn't care less about your hurt feelings. Giving a shit about the feelings of racists is why racism is still so prevalent in this country.

@redbai You simply prove that you do not know me and what I think. Yiour statement is a false and maliscous attack. Altrhough I frew up in the racist deep south, I have hated racism since I was a child. I fully understand the effects of slavery and racism and do all I can to make people aware of those effects so that we can overcome them. If you do not acdcept my statement , I pity you.

@wordywalt You've done nothing to indicate that you have the slightest idea what racism is. You sound like one of the racists of the 40's and 50's of the last century putting forth that bullshit about how they understood the "southern negro" better than northerners while wallowing in their ignorance.

Now instead of being butthurt, explain your initial post. If you can't, admit it. All this bullshit about your hurt feelings, I don't care. Explain why that asshole manager was "morally and historically correct" instead of crying about how you feel put upon. Again, you make it very easy to infer that you identify with a racist institution putting forth white racist propaganda so I don't care about your feelings or who you are. I'm addressing the part of you in this dialog where you are presenting yourself as a racist.

@redbai I will not rspond to your posts again. It is obvious that you have falsely stereotyped me and have no intention to be fair and rational.

@wordywalt What a pathetically obvious dodge from justifying that BS you originally posted. You make a racist comment and when called on to back it up you get defensive about your feelings. Well guess what, your racist comment is just as insulting to every black person that had generations of their ancestry spend their whole lives in one of those slave camps. The life experience of millions of black Americans that you dismiss because you were raised in a society where those slave camps are being disgustingly portrayed as wedding venues and weekend vacations. You grew up in a society learning lies about southern slave camp history where some of the owners of these camps were "nice"; an idea you find "morally and historically correct". And to pile on the insult, on a day celebrated for the freedom from slavery, racists want to tell the slave owners side of the story in a sympathetic light. You claim that insulting scenario is somehow "morally and historically correct" but can't back up that lie.

You're obvious cowardly running away from backing up your stupid comment hoping there will be those who identify with your hurt feelings for being confronted for expressing racist views.

more facts please

It’s my understanding that Juneteenth originated in Galveston Bay city on June 19, 1865, a year and a half after the Emancipation Proclamation. 2000 Union Soldiers were deployed to free 250,000 enslaved persons in Texas as this territory did not want to give up owning people.

It was the outlawing of slavery in Mexico in 1829 that sparked the Texas revolution. At that time, Texas was part of Mexico’s territory.

I was aware that Texas was annexed from Mexico, but I didn't know that there was a connection to slavery in the revolution. Thanks for sharing, I'm going to have to do some research on that.

@redbai when I first moved to Texas I took a History of Texas class at UT. I had no idea of it’s rich and varied history. The class really only scratched the surface. And there are some pretty tall tales that are now being put into perspective.

Disgusting.

Juneteenth should be a National Holiday.
It's a great way to show solidarity with all our fellow American citizens.
The fact it'll piss off a bunch of bigots isn't bad either but it's not the point.

@OldMetalHead Honey almost no one did, including me, which says something sinister about our education system. So what else are they lying about to keep minorities and special interest groups down?

@OldMetalHead @Willow_Wisp have you no black friends?

@MsKathleen Not recently, but I'm not popular with anyone. I have had black friends in the past but even many black Americans didn't know about Tulsa for example. My current lack of black friends and acquaintances is just a matter of availability, I live in a mostly Hispanic area. Besides that I know a lot of whites more than willing to lie about their "vast knowledge" of how bad blacks have had it in America which actually makes it worse on race relations.
I won't lie about it, there's obviously a lot of crap I don't know about.
I know about the Armenian genocide too but I don't know any of the details including exactly when it happened without looking it up.
We're all just human, and only know a portion of what's available to know.

@OldMetalHead I was in the Navy and it took about two months for the black guys in my shop to admit they liked my Jethro Tull albums and I finally admitted that George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic was some of the most astonishingly great music I'd ever heard.
I think it would be hilarious if we had videos of the time, me trying to "act" white while "Atomic Dog" is screaming that I should move my body.
It didn't take long after that to make mix tapes that had something that everyone enjoyed listening to.

@OldMetalHead thanks, that was boss

@OldMetalHead don't feel bad I have to look it up every year because I can't remember. Way to many medications.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:603370
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.