Agnostic.com

13 3

When you are involved with someone, what is your comfort level with how often you see them?

What about other ways you stay connected, whether by email, text, phone, or videochat?

Is any of it too much, is any of it too little? Do you want more, do you want less?

bleurowz 8 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Everyone has their preference so it's whatever both party are comfortable with, there's really no set rule.(unless you make them)

I think less is more. I have myownlife and to be constantly interrupted with texts or emails is just annoying.

Married 10 years together 18. Text, call, gif messenger as often as possible everyday. Need cuddles, kisses everyday even when argueing. Cant imagine how I lived before her and the children.

I need time on my own to work on music and guitar building projects but my favorite relationships are the ones that make me happy to put that aside to spend time together, when there is nothing else either person would rather be doing is when I’m happiest. Be it in a canoe or a kitchen if I want for nothing more life is perfect, I’ve had that a few times, the best of them ended in logistical and geographical problems that neither of us could resolve so all that remains is the love.

A couple of times a week. More if something is going on. Less if the relationship sucks.

I kinda knew I should end it with my ex when I found excuses to not see him for 2 weeks. Had to force myself to call him. We lived 7 miles apart

But I know people that see each other every day and seem happy

Somehow I need space, silence, distance for the sanity. Alone but not lonely. I will admire her from afar until she wants to kiss me. Boundaries will crumble under the weight of lust because she missed me. Like That!

I've been dating my boyfriend for 6 months, and see him roughly once a week. We message each other several times a day. I wouldn't mind seeing him one more time a week, say, for lunch, or a stop by after work, but can't complain at all. Whenever I do see him, it is always amazing.

Anytime, anywhere. Thats what involvment means !

I used to text my ex and see him once or twice a week.

Distance is a big factor, if its serious, at least daily contact of some sort, if little distance at least one a weekend, and perhaps a coffee mid week?

I am a slow starter but make time for a coffee and snuggle then it depends on how the day week progresses.

Direct contact/face to face is always preferred. Electronic sources are fine to check in during the day.

I agree with you I do like writing notes rather calls.

I was once strictly of the opinion that the more frequently you talk the less there is to talk about. But when you click with someone even a call with little to talk about can seem like quality time. Just depends on the depth of connection you have with that person? If you feel you click deeply, once a day could turn into not enough!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:60379
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.