Agnostic.com

19 6

For those that qualify.... What's your favourite thing about being single?

My absolute favourite thing about being single is standing in front of the fridge, door wide open, bare-arsed naked, drinking milk straight from the carton, whilst scratching my nuts.

No partner saying anything at all. 🙂

Now I just have to figure out how to deal with the disapproving stares from my flat mates.......

Kreig 7 Dec 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I qualify; in my life I have been single some 17 years. However, I will say it depends. My first 2 relationships were more draining than uplifting and I was glad to be single. In my last marriage some of the things you say (especially the bare-assed naked part - we both did) we were pretty much free to be ourselves. In such a relationship being single can be a step backward.

Damn I left out nut scratching. Obviously not a well thought out response by me.

Dropping my pants when I walk in the door and putting none back on until the last minute. And leaving the toilet seat up when I am having a beer or twelve. I am only going to be draining the system the seat and lid and damn granny's little doily thing will be just fine for a while.

I've been single too long......what's positive? No tbeing a neat freak

My independence. On weekends I can sleep until I want, watch what I want on TV, listen to whatever music I want without imposing or compromising with some one else.

CS60 Level 7 Dec 1, 2017

Living alone I've lived with blokes or shared houses until around 6 or 7 years ago. Now I would never want to live with anyone again.
The best thing about not living with a partner is that the mystery remains.
I am absolutely over doing all the domestics for some dude!!

Not answering to anyone

All that has been mentioned here before me - except the nut scratching and milk drinking in any position.

Otherwise - it's the general peace. I find that being alone allows me to be more in touch with my creative side.
When I want company, I can always choose to mingle, or invite. But then later, I can be assured of quiet time to recoup, and savor my solitude and housemate creatures !

Ooh. Tough question. I'd have to say money, though. You know, I only have to spend money on myself. Since I'm a uni student, that's my main concern.

The complete lack of expectations. The only person I need to satisfy is myself. Which means my room can look like a tip and no one is allowed to care.

My favorite thing when I was single was shopping and test driving various models and years for just the right one. When I found her, my shopping days were over -- of course.

Ferummmm.... test drive.lol.

They tend to run better once they're warmed up.

Some of us gringos do understand real English, Kreig. No need to translate. This one can even spell in real English. Colour. Honour. So you can use 'bonnet' and 'boot' and '...I got so pissed last night...'. Of course, some don't and need to be educated.

Kreig, the kind bloke from down there. I understand the intent and was just being a little obtuse there, my friend.

Love the subtitle bit.

I do miss my late wife horribly sometimes, but since I now find myself single again, I like to get my Kerouac on: wake up, throw a bag in the car, and head west with no particular destination in mind. If I like a place along the "way," I stay for a while and get to know it a bit. If I don't, I keep moving. My wife's traveling style was completely different--everything, every minute of every day on a trip, had to be planned and mapped out. Mind you, her idiosyncracies notwithstanding, I'd kill to have her back, but since that's just a pointless "what if" rumination, I will continue to enjoy total freedom during my travels. Gets a tad lonely sometimes, but that's the price to be paid.

Bless you mate. Just be friendly and you will soon find people to share your travels x

Awww man! Love you man. Peace be with you.

Living alone gives me the freedom to leave the house, not knowing where I'm going nor when I will be back. I think I have the best of both worlds. I live alone in my own house, but I'm in a committed relationship of 27 years. We each have our own house and see each other once or twice a week.

Sounds perfect!

being able to do what I want when I want. I would like a friend with benefits and I mean a friend but I don't need all their crap and they don't need mine

No longer getting calls from my credit card provider asking whether my card has been stolen every time my wife goes shopping in Chicago.

BD66 Level 8 Dec 1, 2017

My kids would totally say something about that. 😉 I love being my own person. Making my own decisions. Not having to worry what someone else wants me to do. My kids are a factor but they aren’t the control freaks my ex was. Hehe. In short, I love the independence. This will always be my problem with potential dating. I will never again give up my independence. There aren’t many people out there secure enough to be in a relationship that makes that demand.

Setting my own priorities and following my own desires.

Varn Level 8 Dec 1, 2017

I can't remember...lol. maybe sleeping 2 more hours.

Decision making got real simple. What I want to do is what gets done. (;

Zster Level 8 Dec 1, 2017

Well, I don't have nuts to scratch...Lol. But I workout at the gym. All the men and women stare. I like being able to look at different men and women without cheating on my partner. I've been single for too long. Almost 2 years. 😟

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6039
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.