Agnostic.com

14 34

What If Catholic Bishops Chose To Prevent Child Molesters From Giving Communion Instead Of Preventing Pro-Choice Catholics From Receiving It ?

bobwjr 10 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Roman Catholic Church is more worried about maintaining its power and its image than about some children getting molested.

There would be an immediate shortage of efficacious catholic clerics

"efficacious catholic clerics" - are there or have there ever been any?

That would inject reasoning into a well established tradition!

Well, that would make more sense, so they church would never go for it.

The US bishops said fuck you to the pope's infallibility who instructed them not to politicize dogma. Anyway, I hope this crap will lead to abolish the imbecility of making churches tax exempt.

So, all of the RC couples who use birth control are by definition pro choice. Are they to be ex-communicated as well? I think that some parishes may be somewhat depleted.

Because then the catholic bishops would not be able to give communion.

Budgie Level 8 June 19, 2021

I guess, some sins are considered more forgivable than others? Never mind that Jesus was supposed to be able to forgive all sins. Actually, it is more "politically correct" to condemn (to manipulate through shaming) pro-choice Catholics than to condemn (draw attention to) pedophile priests.

Love that one!

barjoe Level 9 June 19, 2021

With such deep and thoroughgoing hypocrisy, they really shouldn't be surprised as their musty cathedrals empty out.

Never going to happen. The RCC likes protecting it's child rapist priest.

@xenoview

"The RCC likes protecting it's child rapist priest".
TRULY SO!

You made the mistake of introducing logic into a religious conversation.

It's never going to happen!

An excellent (rhetorical) question!

Write Comment More
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:604420
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.