Agnostic.com

5 17

FBI chasing 2,000 domestic terror cases; antifa aren't among Capitol suspects, Wray says

FBI Director Christopher Wray testified before a Senate panel last Tuesday.

“Trends may shift, but the underlying drivers for domestic violent extremism – such as perceptions of government or law enforcement overreach, sociopolitical conditions, racism, anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, misogyny and reactions to legislative actions – remain constant,” Wray said.

The director described how the Capitol assault involved some of the very classes of extremists he warned about in September.

Wray said the Capitol extremists represent just part of a burgeoning domestic threat landscape in which agents are working about 2,000 investigations, double the number the FBI reported four years ago.

“We need to be abundantly clear that white supremacists and other far-right extremists are the most significant domestic terrorism threat facing the United States today,” U.S. Senator Richard Durbin (Illinois) said. “I hope that everyone in this room can look at the facts and acknowledge this, and that we can come together on a bipartisan basis to defeat this threat.”

Domestic right-wing extremists were responsible for almost 70% of terrorist attacks and plots in the U.S. in 2020, according to the Center for Strategic and International Studies, a Washington-based think tank.

[msn.com]

LiterateHiker 9 June 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They would do better spending as much time, if not more, as they spend pursuing the Trailer Trash Rebels of January 6th, pursuing the wealth and power interests at the fascist end of the American class and power structure, in order to identify those who financed the attack and were behind it -- and I mean behind Trump and Co. But this, of course, is what never happens in America: digging into wealth and power to expose its criminality, except, of course for a few scape goats, and on occasion some of their goons.

"Trailer Trash Rebels" is a bit of a misnomer. The capitol attackers actually were pretty well heeled, overall an entitled group. It takes some money to buy all that TAC gear and pay the inflated hotel prices charged in DC that week.

@alliwant yes, the Brahman guy looked very very heeled, I don't think. The cultured gentleman who sat in Pelosi's chair also very distinguished, I don't think. Maybe they even paid for some of that stuff they adorned themselves with. Who knows? We'll probably never find out. It's America. Even that commission they wanted wouldn't have gotten to the truth. American commissions are always the same: everyone is a bit responsible, no one is really responsible, here are some 'recommendations' usually costing a fortune and padding power's pocket. Warren Commision.... 911 Commission.... etc. Can't be fooled by American kabuki anymore. The real Left in America isn't.

My family Fought fascist two generations

bobwjr Level 10 June 21, 2021

I’m an antifa super soldier, all I do is rage post against fascist on the internet, it’s about all we do.

Antifa is only in the list if you are a Trumper or a Q person.

@DenoPenno

Exactly.

@LiterateHiker I wonder how many know that the word means "anti-fascist?"

@DenoPenno IMO very few. 🙄

He would know having helped organize it...

@LiterateHiker Wray has excellent CONSERVATIVE (Racist) credentials.

-Wray signed off on the Trump's demands for an in-house investigation of Mueller's Russia probe attorneys.
-Wray signed off on the retention of the memos that supposedly justified not prosecuting Trump.
-Wray did nothing after the Lafayette Park police riot wherein Barr illegally marshalled militias from the DEA, ICE, Border Patrol and the Park Service to enact a police riot trampling people and freedoms of speech and assembly.
-Wray did nothing while overseeing the illicit spying and subpoenas of records of Congressmen and reporters for Trump's political campaign of intimidation. This was under both Sessions and Barr.

from Wikipedia:

On June 7, 2017, President Donald Trump announced his intention to nominate Wray to be the next Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, replacing James Comey, who was dismissed by Trump on May 9, 2017

On June 4, 2020, Wray stated that "anarchists" like Antifa are "exploiting" George Floyd protests "to pursue violent, extremist agendas". Wray later clarified that Antifa is an ideology rather than any specific organization, clashing with Trump.

Wray is a Republican and a member of the Federalist Society. It is the Federalist Society that provided lists of ultra-conservative candidates for judgeships to Trump and McConnell.

Here is Wray speaking at the Heritage Foundation, which has worked for the last 4 months to provide Republican legislatures with proposed voter suppression laws, tailored to the individual states.

[facebook.com]

Wray was installed by Trump and kept on throughout Trump's tenure. You think he isn't dirty as shit?

@racocn8

Thank you. I stand corrected. Will delete my comment.

@LiterateHiker And, in the recent testimony before Congress as to why the FBI failed to alert the Capitol Police on the intelligence leading up to the attempted Jan 6 coup, Wray's testimony was singularly evasive and unforthcoming. It is entirely feasible that Wray interfered with said alerts, which would likely have prevented the entire fiasco.

@racocn8 Kind of sounds like Wray is covering his ass, doesn't it? Maybe he believes that despite all the GOP flailing about, the end is near. We can only hope.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:604613
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.