Agnostic.com

3 9

One of my favorite, Quotes I'd guess you'd call it from Philhelenes back in the day.

At the top of a tall cliff looking down. I'll take my parachute, and you take your holy book and prayer, and see what happens at the bottom.
That one was awesome.

I honestly don't think I got that exact, but it means just the same. Talk is cheap. When I hear or read of some one yapping about just how much they KNOW that their god has their back. I think of this.

Oh and if you've never have watched Phil on youtube before. Do yourself a favor. although he's not made vids in a while, his stuff was always more that inspiring.

TristanNuvo 8 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To be fair you both will be holding the book and parachute with your right hand, arm extended. Both should jump and keep Book and Parachute closed. Fairness is King!!!

Thank you for reminding me of Phil Hellenes! His YouTube videos were immensely helpful during my departure from faith, some 10 years ago. I especially enjoyed ‘Science Saved My Soul’ and ‘Through These Godless Eyes.’

Based upon my experience with dodgy religious types, I would suggest hanging on tight to that parachute or they will push you off the cliff, drop to their knees and praise the lord that the sinner has been expunged from amongst their midst. Cults are evil groups and all religions are cults.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:604942
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.