Agnostic.com

5 4

Is the Surfside building collapse an example of pay to play local politics that ignored regulations, sloppy inspections or global warming and rising sea tables?

"FL condo collapse live updates: 159 people missing, mayor says | Miami Herald" [amp.miamiherald.com]

Lorajay 9 June 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We don't need no stinkin' inspectors!

I would not be surprised. Florida has a long history of political decisions which wind up with a lot p;eople hurt and with exploiters getting away with it.

I think it's a little to early to cite corruption, but certainly not out of the question, local politics are pretty much owned by developers and business interests in the US and strict regulation would cut into their profits. I suspect it was a combination of things, we'll see.

Maybe a perfect storm of all three to have caused such an awful catastrophe.

dkp93 Level 8 June 25, 2021

Typical for Florida

bobwjr Level 10 June 25, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:605396
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.