Agnostic.com

4 1

Social conservatism cannot become healthy until America cleans out skeletons of its clandestine agencies (FBI, CIA, NSA...etc) and anti-communism movements.

Agree or disagree?

• 3 votes
  • 8 votes
#CIA
domos 7 July 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They will be cleaned out over time, I think. I'll be very surprised, frankly, if Conservatism survives as a majority party after the 2024 election. If voters reject it in that year then my odds go way up for at least a few decades. I think LBJ is laughing somewhere because their Southern Strategy has finally bitten their ass.

Big words. No meaning. Please, define what your thoughts on social conservative mean. Because to me it is a meaningless word. Clandestine bull, and what skeleton? What the hell do you mean?

I mean the long history of over classification in order to promote a anti-communist / white supremacist cultural norm in the United States.

If the facts of government policy and intervention were made a baseline of discussion in the US, it would at least provide social conservatives a more accurate means to frame their ideology. They would still be politically conservative, but maybe less anti-democratic.

Social conservatism today is rotten to its very core. The FBI, CIA, and NSA don't have a damned thing to do with that fact.

Human history is full of conservative movements in society and politics.

However in American history, a lot of the narratives and norms and societal ideals of social conservatism are inseparable from the actions and/or censorship of clandestine agencies.

Cointel pro is one example.

If the government was required to the classify everything not relevant to current threats and national interests, maybe social conservatives could have a more accurate understanding of their heritage and the realities of this country of not the world.

So you think communism is a good idea or you work for the GRU at a troll-farm?

I have no idea what you're talking about and if you view communism as the only alternative to social conservatism...... I'm not interested in finding out.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:609352
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.