Agnostic.com

7 7

Northern Ireland just recorded its highest ever temperature today. At 3.40pm, 31.2C was recorded at Ballywatticock, in Co. Down, a few miles south east of Belfast on Strangford Lough. The previous highest recorded temperature in Northern Ireland was 30.8C on 12th July 1983 & 30th June 1976. Today we were the hottest place in the U.K.

I know this is not hot compared to some of the recent temperatures recorded recently on the Pacific coast of USA & Canada…but folks this is on the island of rainy, wet and usually temperate Ireland! Tomorrow it’s expected temperatures in the UK will be as hot if not hotter with a high of 33C predicted.

#USA
Marionville 10 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Whilst Germany & Belgium flood!
No no climate change here. Keep moving nothing to see.

Wait til you reach 40°C. 😀

Begorrah and bygosh top a tha trathnona to ya seems the temperature was taken in the local bar o'meether after a scots woman came in n said the oirish were completely celsius and kelvin took issue.

Perhaps so….but it wisnae me! 😁😅

That’s not normal for your area. Wow, I hope people can cope with the heat.

I didn’t sleep very well…too hot and today it’s dull and feels very sticky at 6.45 am.

@Marionville I guess you don’t have AC because you don’t normally need it, but you might think about a small window unit for your bedroom when it gets that hot. I hope the temps come down soon for you. 😉

@Redheadedgammy The forecast says the temp. will fall later in the week….it’s not actually been too bad today…there was more air about.

@Marionville I am so glad the temps are coming down for you, and you have a little breeze, that always helps. I am sitting out under the shade of the tree right now and there is a little breeze and it is 97°. Pretty hot but it’s dry and not humid so in the shade it’s not too terribly bad. This heat here in Northern California is much more welcome than the heat I left in Texas. 😉

@Redheadedgammy it’s the humidity factor that makes the difference,

@Marionville oh I so agree! That 97 degrees in Texas with the humidity that they have melts me! 🥵 here, as long as I have shade I’m good.

That is a temperate day in my home locale.

Wow!

@Marionville Southwestern Arizona generally has summer temperatures in the 108°F - 120°F (42°C - 49°C) range. That is why I am currently in the Colorado mountains.

@MsKathleen I’m not surprised…I think I’d expire completely!

@Marionville it gets up to around 90°F (32°C) here, but that does not feel “hot” to me unless I am in direct sunlight for an extended period. That is still “sitting on the porch weather”. Where I live, we start putting in our sweaters when it goes down to 70°F (21°C)…and in summer, if we go anywhere, we have to carry our sweater everywhere, because establishments keep their air conditioning so cool, we freeze indoors.

That is a normal summer temperature for much of the USA 89-90 degrees Fahrenheit.

Yes…I do understand that…but it’s not normal for here.

Yes Walt, that’s true. It’s been hotter than usual here in Northern California too. The drought is killing a lot of trees which is heartbreaking to me. I know they aren’t used to those temps in the UK. I believe this is our new normal unfortunately. ☹️

I read that online and thought of you. Hot for you I know. 34.4C here in Texas That's normal. Our hottest reported here was 1981. 45C, 113F

Wow…it would take me some time to acclimatise to such high temps, easier if it’s a dry heat which it was here today..with very little humidity.

@Marionville
Cold front with rain is coming our way Monday. Only going up to 31C. Ahhh relief.

We had a vey sudden thunder/hail storm last night with hail the size of robins eggs, & my husband is outside now counting the holes in the greenhouse.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:610106
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.