Agnostic.com

56 11

Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. Agree or disagree?

Aralt 7 Apr 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

56 comments (51 - 56)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My husband commited suicide, It broke me into a million pieces. My therapist said those exact words to me, I disagreed. Some things in life no one should have to endure, even for love.

I'm so sorry Charlotte.

I agree. I think that one is always the better for having had love in her/his life. Love, IMHO, is the only thing weighty enough to balance the scales between what it takes to survive, and why survive. By “Love” I mean love in general and not necessarily just romantic love.

Absolutely.
Married twice. Numerous short term lovers between and before marriages, and I've just (2 years now) settled into another long term relationship.
The way we're doing it is risky, and there's a fair chance that work will split us up (we're both in theatre. It can pull you apart) but worth the risk.
I'll take hope over experience.

After 2 marriages ending in their adulterous affairs...I would have rather "skipped it" altogether.
Single since 1992.

Tennyson - about his friend Arthur Hallam. In Memoriam is a harrowing read, but worth it.

I'm being the literary nitpicker here now.

Christ in a sidecar, I don't know if it's even worth falling in love again. It does bring its own level of damage.

I can’t say. Every Love I’ve ever had has been twisted in some way(narcissistic mother) or gone down in flames. No regrets, but not sure it was better!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:61055
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.