Agnostic.com

16 17

What are your goals for 2021?

1. Hike at least 300-miles. Yesterday's hike brought me to 200-miles with 30,000 feet of elevation gain and loss. Woo-hoo!

2. Improve my relationship with my daughter.

3. Return to the YMCA for weightlifting twice a week. Improve upper-body strength. Love the rowing machine.

4. Learn to take closeups with my smartphone.

5. Listen more and be kind to people.

Favorite hiking photos this year-

Yellow Balsamroot flowers in April.

Mule deer and eagle nest. Snowshoeing in January.

Mt. Stuart and the Enchantment Mountains in April.

Young Barred Owls wait for their mother to feed them in July.

Widow Grass and Sage Buttercup flowers in early April.

LiterateHiker 9 July 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1. Keeping Calm and Carrying On.

2. Gain even more academic and work qualifications

3. Enjoy myself more

4. Fall in love with someone, and they with me.

5. Continue to keep making the world and society a better, happier, nicer place than when I found it.

6. Get fitter, slimmer, stronger and healthier.

7. Enlighten more people to questioning religions.

8. Newer car.

9. Ride a horse.

10. Take a foreign holiday.

You take such great photos and lots of great hiking trips! With the delta variant of COVID on the increase it would be good to wear N95 masks at the gym, you can find them on sale at Walmart. I have a rowing machine I am trying to get rid of.

1. I got a new gravel E bike so biking more is on the top of my list. My short rides are 24 miles and longer rides are 38 miles.
  2. I got new light weight backpack, tent and sleeping quilt, so plan to backpack more.

Selfishly: Don't die. Anything from there is upside.

Other: A buddy of mine, through a decade+ of poor lifestyle decisions, is totally deconditioned and to the point where he is barely mobile. I want to help him lose weight, like 100 pounds minimum. I can't make him do it, but I will do what I can. The chances of success are no more than 5%. If he is not successful, he will likely be in some sort of assisted living facility by this time next year.

To play out the end game of my working life and reach retirement, while at least breaking even in this last season despite the effects the virus is having on my trade. Then plan for a new adventure with the freedom I gain.

Get back on my square and get out of the post-covid depression cycle. So I can get back to my normal depression cycle.

My goal for the rest of the year, and beyond is to stay gainfully employed. To pay down the debt caused by 5 months of unemployment during the pandemic. To eat healthy and get enough sleep. And lastly to continue knocking projects off my to do list, and in theory to not add projects to that list as fast as they come off. I don't know if that last one will ever be obtained while I am still alive.

My goal this year is to get my house clean enough for company again. After 18 months of not allowing anyone in, I've let it get cluttered. Housekeeping is not my favorite thing and I get bored with it after 15 minutes per day, so it will take a while! In the mean time, I'm hoping to keep my life mostly the way it is, since I'm pretty happy otherwise.

Yep that is my plan as well.

Recovering my mobility and healing my achiles tendon

Seeing live music as much as possible

Traveling somewhere new in both the US and across the pond

Improving my pickleball game

I plan to get on a bus and visit my sister in Oregon and see vistas like ones you kindly share with us.

Thank you so much for your contributions to the group! I love your pictures as well as your prose. I don’t have specific goals for the year. I am more spontaneous, as I have to be as a disaster responder.

@BudFrank

Thank you so much!

The year was half over on July 2. Nevertheless I have some intentions.

1. Continue to work on surviving personal rejection.
  2. Get a new cat to replace my last one, who is deceased.
  3. I have a prescription for Sildenafil, which works well, and I need to find a partner to share the effects with.
  4. Have a tree removed that's too close to my house.

I do not recall ever making goals. I live my life one day at a time. I enjoy traveling and camping and I do make plans for activities I enjoy doing in the future

About improving your r’ship with your daughter.

Jessica Valenti, who authored the Best Seller Sex Object: A Memoir, wrote in it, “I often joked about wanting a boy. A baby girl would turn into a teenage girl, and I remember the young asshole I was to my mother.”

Best wishes.

You're an excellent photographer. 😊

My only goal is to make it to 2022.

@KKGator

Thank you, dear!

My goals for 2021? Hopefully winning the lottery and retire...lol!!!

Beautiful pictures. I want to write a book and try to get published.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:611220
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.