Agnostic.com

3 1

Who says Republicans are underhanded?

1. Eisenhauer met with Churchill immediately before the 1952 election against Truman, to plot the coup over Iran and wrest the oil fields back from Iran for Great Britain. Used a false communist propaganda campsign to promote unrest and garner western nation support;
  2. Nixon in 1968 ran on an anti-Vietnam policy, but had his aids convince the South Vietnamese representatives at the Paris Peace Accords to walk away from the barganing table. Nixon needed the war to continue to fuel his campaign promise of ending tbe war, but after election launched the Tet Offensive upping the involvement in the Vietnam War;
  3. Reagan met with the leadership of Iran at the 11th hour before the election against Jimmie Carter and procurred the release of American prisoners, then went on to trade weapons (Iran-Counta Scandal) with Iran illegally, as Iran was officially designated by the US as a terrorist nation and it was illegal to trade with a terrorist country. He needed the funds a couple of years later to promote an illegal war in Nicaragua;
  4. trump solicited Russia and Putin to destroy Hillary Clinton using wikileaks a month before the actual election vote, then used the UAE to pay for his inauguration;

And these are just of the commonly known ones.

t1nick 8 July 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There isn't anything going on, anywhere in the world, that you feel a need to go back 5-6 Decades?

Must be nice......

The Repubs don’t need anyone saying they are underhanded, so you don’t need Items 1 to 4. Or have you turned to satire?

BTW, my source differs on 1, 2 and 3.

1. My source said the Iran plotters first asked Pres. Truman to ok their overthrow and he refused. After Ike’s election they asked him and he said ok.

2. My source said North Viet Nam started the Tet Offensive.

3. My source said Reagan knew nothing of the Iran/Contra weapons trade, that it was the work of Marine Oliver North.

I believe from my research , that they disagree with your findings somewhat. I listened to 70% of the Iran-contra hearing. It became clear that Reagan did not know the specifics, but approved of the overall operation. This is where we got the term "plausible deniability". He hired people to make the decisions and let them go and did not get directly involved himself as a way to deny accountability.

You are right about the Tet Offensive. I was wrong on that account. Nixon was guilty of incursions into Laos and Cambodia illegally and denying it until it came out and was undeniable. I was in the last draft call for Vietnam and I seem to remember an escalation on our part that was originally denied, but later exposed?

It was possible that Truman was approached first, but Eisenhaurer met with Churchill and negotiated the plans to incite the Iranian coup. Iran under a very popular leader nationalized the British oilfields in their country. Churchill wanted them back. Eisenhaurer used Truman's reluctance against him as being weak on communism and foreign policy. Iran was not failing to communism. It was a propaganda ploy that worked for both Eisenhauer who got elected and Churchill who got his oilfields back (the start of BP - British Pertroleum).

@t1nick

1. ok, but I’d heard that Anglo-Iranian Oil Co. ( the original name ) treated its Iranian employees almost as slaves. Also, I don’t know how overthrowing Iran benefitted the US.

Addendum. What do you say to the hypothesis that the leaders of big nations and big companies act like and probably are, sociopaths?

@yvilletom

I concur. It benefited Eisenhauer as portraying his opponent as weak and set up a supply of oil with an ally as opposed to a country that was so different culturally and governmentally than our own.

Both trump and Romney's Company have invested in Iran during the embargo's. Both of these events were on National News.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:611656
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.