Agnostic.com

36 4

What nerdy activities do you enjoy? (gaming, cosplay, sci-fi)

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

watching the NASA channel and reading Neil Gaiman and Douglas Adams?

flora Level 3 Nov 4, 2017

I have a regular game group, meet once a week, also go see a lot of movies

Scifi movies - generally love them especially the current spate of Marvel superhero ones. Some video gaming. A fair amount of computer work building and designing websites, etc. I read A LOT - that's a nerdy thing to do nowadays, no?

I like D&D, though I don't have a gaming group. I also game on the computer. My current addiction is Neverwinter. I also love to read fantasy novels. R.A. Salvatore is my favorite author, so is Neil Gaiman.

I like sci fi movies. Some board games. Not into gaming really other than ipad games. Love the horror movies but not sure that falls under being nerdy, just bizarre.

I’m a nerd for.... old buses, trains and vehicles and will travel miles for exhibitions etc. Also Telegraph cryptic crosswords doing more than one a day which is now becoming difficult as I’m running out. Obsessed with QI and Have I Got News for You (tv programs).

mjpwl Level 3 Oct 20, 2017

I tend to get super into (some might say obsessed) with various tv shows and movies of all genres. I spend probably too much time on Tumblr lurking in various fandoms. That’s probably extra nerdy, idk.

I cosplay. Went to Anime Weekend Atlanta recently. I’m not too big into anime these days though...
I’m trying to get back into D&D. Just hard to find a DM these days, y’know?
I love movies and TV, live action or animated. I just graduated as a video production student with a focus in animation, if that says anything.
I even used to be president of the “geek club” at that college, ha!

You kids have no concept of "nerdy". I sew. I could sew you some awesome Cosplay gear. #godlessnana

I collect comic books and go to a comic con at least once a year.

I love trying out new games on my sons XBox, some of them are pure escapism and with the amazing visuals, they can be an enjoyable way to beat the blues

Tabletop rpg is my nerd outlet. I also code and work on unsolved math problems.

I game master RPGs, play video games and would like to cosplay but being 6'8' it would be too expensive so I haven't for now..lol.

I don't really have any of those which is strange. I've never been a big fan of video games, comics, role playing, sci-fi, etc. Maybe enjoying documentaries? Does that count?

Reading, gaming, learning to program, playing board games (D&D and role-playing mainly), Anime, I want to LARP someday, I enjoy a good documentary which I would then do research on to make sure I'm not being fed nonsense, I like watching lessons on Physics...... yea, I'm basically a walking nerd ball but if you looked at me you would never guess it.

Playing video games with my 11 year old son.

BD66 Level 8 Oct 8, 2017

Board games ("Euro" type)

Holli Level 6 Oct 8, 2017

Board games, card games, sci-fi/fantasy (books, films, TV shows), anime, cosplay. I just attended my first (NOT last) Ren Faire. I need to get IN to Dragon Con yet. I've attended the parade, but not gone to the actual con yet. Oh, and I was recently invited to LARP.

Question: are escape rooms part of nerd culture do you think?

Zster Level 8 Oct 8, 2017

Ah nerdy actives, this is my jam. I game (rift, batman, blackops ect), we do Ren fair most years (yes I period dress). Board games and cards games are always good. We play a lot of cards against humanity.

i indulge in the most asinine activity ever. i produce content for video platforms and BLOGS 0_0

Board games. That's my thing. And no, let me stop you right there. I don't play monopoly. Because I loathe it. Here's a list of only 10 of, roughly 30 games I have in no order.

Fortress America
Fury of Dracula
Dead of Winter
Time Stories
Dread
The Resistance
Ikusa
Ghost Stories
T.I.M.E. Stories
Tragedy Looper

Catan? Game of Thrones board game?

What about card games like Superfight or Munchkin?

Negative. Haven't played those. Sorry.

Single player RPGS, Sci-fi shows like stargate and star trek, Lots of action anime and maybe one day collecting figures.

ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! 100% stoked to learn and experience new things, always interested in other people's views (so long as they aren't regurgitating something they heard somewhere before)

I love watching anime and shows like Supernatural, cosplaying, I sometimes play video games, but rarely since i don't have a computer right now. I also go to conventions. Also like Star Wars!

Lego/Mega Construx, sci-fi/action movies, videogames I can afford, a very small amount of anime, and cosplays on tiny budgets.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:613
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.