Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Ark Encounter Ticket Sales Went Up in June (But Pre-COVID Numbers Were Higher) | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

I think creationism will be on the decline overall.

Ironically, I have "faith" in rationality.

snytiger6 9 Aug 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They built it on a swamp, it is sinking...unable to float!

I remember when it was first built, it leaked whenever it rained.

Sad to say, my daughter was among the July figures. She and my ex still go to church, and the youth group had a field trip there.

She did bring back all sort of interesting and amusing pictures, like a display titled "Why Change Within A Species Isn't Evidence For Evolution", when in fact it's some of the best evidence there is... but what can you expect from people trying any way they can to deny scientific fact?

I don't argue with my daughter over things like this, I just quietly state things like, "You know, there was an experiment in the Soviet Union breeding fox for traits that were more like domesticated dogs, and after a few generations, the fox cubs actually lost their pointy ears and started looking like dogs. For all intents and purposes they were becoming a new species. They're still breeding today. This is exactly how humans bred dogs out of wolves." [evolution-outreach.biomedcentral.com]

I don't suppose Ken Ham would consider that evolution, though.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:613946
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.