Agnostic.com

4 4

This is a post about how crappy religion and religious people really are. Yesterday my deceased sister's husband was buried. Each of them had been married twice and Wally is now in the grave next to my sister where they have a double headstone complete with a picture of the two of them. I did not go to the funeral. You could not have paid me to go to that funeral.

It seems that the obit claimed Wally was only married once and since his children were with his first wife, my sisters name was not even mentioned. Her 10 years with the man have no merit and his children and the good church people at the Assembly of God want to pretend along with this while everyone knew that both of them went to that church together. The whole thing is despicable! This is why I am sending a copy of my sister's memorial keepsake (it has all the info) to the Assembly of God church and also to Wally's sister who is the surviving matriarch of his family.

What makes this even worse is that nobody knew Wally's first wife in this area at all. She was not an active part of the family and none of us had ever seen her. The obit makes it look like her and her family and children moved to this area years ago. Not so. Everybody knows it and the church knows it too. Hypocrites! Totally despicable!

DenoPenno 9 Aug 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you're sorry about Wally, I'm sorry for your loss.

The yearning for respectability turns many people into liars. Please accept my condolences for the pain their lies have caused you and your family members.

So sorry for your o9ss & frankly, despicable "mourners" intruding too.....sucks!

You might postscript your letters to the gobotherers with this quote from their own book of proverbs, they might understand or then again they might not

Proverbs 26:12
Do you see a person wise in their own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:614541
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.