Agnostic.com

4 7

George Washington mandated the first U.S. mass immunization campaign in 1777, when he inoculated soldiers against smallpox during the Revolutionary War.

What are we to make of Republican Governors like Greg Abbot of Texas and Ron De Santis of Florida, who vehemently oppose mandating even minimally invasive (yet highly effective) health protocols like the wearing of masks in indoor public spaces, never mind vaccines?

Flyingsaucesir 8 Aug 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He wasn't stupid he lost more troops from smallpox, the joint Chiefs are pushing covid vaccinations for the troops they aren't stupid either

"Did George Washington Order Troops To Get Vaccinated Against Smallpox? | Snopes.com" [snopes.com]

It's always nice to get confirmation, but I never doubted the veracity of the claim. My original source was the PBS NewsHour.

Irrational De Santis, and probably angry-as-hell Abbott, remember childhood abusers and are experiencing post traumatic stress. Trying to recover, they are rebelling against authority. They need professional help but dare not be vulnerable enough to get it.

I'm sure they're both vaccinated. They want to live, they don't care about their constituents, so long as enough of them survive to get them re-elected.

Just like the fossil fuel barons who know global warming is a real threat to civilization but support a vigorous disinformation campaign anyway, knowing they will be dead before it can ever touch them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:614594
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.