Agnostic.com

4 1

So original creation was immortal and humans had the ability to procreate.... How does that work out for a finite earth and resources? Lol

TruffleShuffle 3 Aug 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You could say that the order was to multiply and fill the earth. So it was not an infinite multiplication.

Plus the point of immortality is that the tree of life could provide for all, we only "use resources to live" because we are isolated from tree of life after tasting from the tree of knowledge.

Of course you can't ask from a bronze age tribe that had a territory of a few square Km about finite resources in global scale.

The myth relates more about "stay with the tree of life" - stay with the tribe, don't go out and loose your ways by "tasting from the knowledge". The tribe needs its young people to work and fight, and the young people needs the tribe to provide life. The price of knowledge is going away from the tribe and loosing touch with the tree of life.

I don't know much about hindu religion.

Word Level 8 Aug 13, 2021

where did you get the immortal part?

@GlennTHughes ha ok then

I stopped listening when I realized these people believe in evil spirits.
You can’t reason with people that non ironically believe in evil spirits.

If you study out definations and etymology of spirit, smoke, ruach and pnuema connected with meaning motivation like a football team spirit at a pep rally and the force of spoken words you might understand the evil things people says is done with an evil negative, pessimist, condescending, patronizing and other evil words related to the spirit (or motivation) behind their speach.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:615511
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.