Agnostic.com

25 27

In Pursuit of Happiness?

The short video has been nominated for a 2018 Webby Award in the Film & Video: Animation category. A Webby Award is an award for excellence on the Internet presented annually by The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences, a judging body composed of over two thousands industry experts and technology innovators.

VictoriaNotes 9 Apr 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A beautiful warning, but one that comes from a position of privilege. Even in this country there are millions who struggle to survive at all and would love a chance for the security of the rat race.

Don Level 5 Apr 19, 2018

Unfortunately true.

True

I just love this

The environment is the environment, the physical laws that control the planet, are just that "Mother Nature" has survived the last five great extinctions and it will survive the sixth! You talk of the Environment in terms of homosapiens destroying it (which I wish it wouldn't) but we are just a spec in the lifeline of Mother Nature which on this Planet has been doing its thing for 4,600 MILLION years!

Some fart arse species that lived for a couple of hundred thousand years (1/5th of a million, of those 4,600 million years, so far!) isn't going to bother your lovely Mother Nature even if we nuke the whole planet (what's the half life of plutonium radiation?). You need to get your timescales and species in perspective if you are going to project on to "Mother Nature". IMHO

@GilesD Dude, chill. I liked the cartoon. I saw the carton about the pursuit of happiness and why many people are not achieving it, finding themselves in unsatisfying situations. besides, Habanera by Bizet, awesome.
I wrote 4 words, not one of them mentioned environment.

@Rugglesby sorry dude, I replied to the wrong comment!

@Clare I think I even replied to the wrong thread last night! Oops.

@GilesD is all kool, phew, I thought I must have commented on the wrong video, is all good.

I like it a lot. Great insights . Happyness comes from inside your self.

The music makes 'me' happy. Instead of the 'rat race' we should call it the 'human race'. In our latest local paper was a headline article about a virus, rabbit hemorrhagic disease, that is spreading across Canada's Vancouver Island and making it's way to the San Juan Islands. It will cause a massive die-off to the huge mass of European rabbits on all islands including Lopez. It is Mother Nature's way of dealing with an overpopulated species. We may think we are smarter than nature but we are reaping what we are now getting.

Everyone should see this to get an idea what's behind the chaos that is going on in the world today. There IS a common cause.

As we are on a site called agnostic.com; it seems fair to ask you "what is this Mother Nature that you talk of?"

It sounds really nice and cosy and all sort of natural and a tad spiritual!

We are talking about the fore that sends worms into the eyes of children to make them blind, aren't we. That force that send hurricanes, volcanic eruptions and earthquakes to kill plants and animals. The failed crops, the starvation, the irrigating rivers that run dry or that flood and destroy.

I like my Mum, but Mother Nature? Do you think it's some cognitive awareness that chooses where it lays its destruction or nurturing of life?

Dieting rabbits is not Mother Natures way of doing anything! It's a dead f'ing rabbit and it dies for a reason that can be scientifically explained!

Rant over. ?

@GilesD Mother Nature is the LIFE (writ large) that all life needs to survive. Mother nature doesn't give a damn about any one species and especially one that continues to break her laws.

Yes this is an agnostic (atheist) site but in my original postings months ago I talked a lot about how the religious and Atheists are alike in their worship of Homo Sapiens. We are living in the Anthropocene known as the time of the Sixth Great Extinction. Most of this is anthropogenic. Arrogance, hubris and a sense of superiority is what describes many of us. It is not spiritual but reality and one we will lose if we don't wake up.

To me some members sound very conservative and don't think the environment is important. They are wrong as can be and most here recognize that!

very good, loved it

It's actually right on point.

It reminds me of thefilm qoani swatski in the early eighties

so good!

skado Level 9 Apr 19, 2018

Nice

Great! Glad I'm out of it.

Loved the animation!

The pursuit of happiness is such an illusionary false quest.

Excellent.

Duke Level 8 Apr 19, 2018

yep, love the clip, watched it before, & it just confirms what i'm saying all along: less is more.

interesting film. I kind of wish that they'd all been wearing really dark glasses.

Point made. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Apr 19, 2018

Extremely well done! Love the happiness pills bit.

Just give me a condo where I can hear the waves hit the rocks and the rest is easy. Oh, and a place for my dogs to poop.

In pursuit of the end of my pursuings...

Happiness is an inside job.

JK666 Level 7 Apr 19, 2018

THe first part reminds me of Korean buses. They have attendents who hang on the outside of the doorways specifically to pack people into the bus as tightly as possible.

jeffy Level 7 Apr 20, 2018

Great little video. Glad I live in the country

Incredibly depressing.

Very good. However, I'd argue that to seek happiness is somewhat over playing your hand. It's a bit too needy, self centred and far too much pressure!

Go for contentment I say, and if that doesn't work then fall back on contemptment! Lol 😉

But seriously; Contentment is bliss. Xx

Must be New York.

Gert Level 7 May 3, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:61557
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.