Agnostic.com

11 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not knowing the exact details of how it happened, hard to say. Obviously they should have been well aware of the hazard, but somehow proper safety protocols were overlooked? Damn shame, my heart goes out to their friends and family, what a terrible loss.

For some reason it doesn't seem like anyone will be saying, "At least they went doing something they loved."

Three more Darwin awards. Sigh.

Tech savvy farmers put the manure in sealed concrete pits, and pipe the gas to wherever they need it, such as boilers and stoves.

Lucky they weren't lighting a cigarette.

Methane will suffocate you

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 13, 2021

Bunch of shitheads. They should have just tried crack. LMAO

Wow...and I thought MY job was bad....

Pretty shitty way to go.

How do you not know how deadly the fumes from a manure pit are? Granted many of the fumes produced do not have an odor but one would think if you run a livestock farm you would know ventilation of a manure pit is a must. Doesn't say what type of pump they were fixing but if it was equipment for ventilating the fumes I would think that would require respirators. Maybe a monitor to alert you before you pass out.
Geezzzzz

Yeah, they suffocated. You can't live breathing methane.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:615635
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.