Agnostic.com

12 17

I just love retirement. It is a joy going to bed at night and knowing that you don't have to set the alarm to get up to anything.

Jolanta 9 Aug 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's definitely more relaxing

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 17, 2021

I didn’t wake up this morning until I heard the phone ringing…it was 10.30! In retirement you can set your own hours!

Yeah sure (often not). When I was working I went to bed at 10pm, did a bit of reading and then lights out. Up at 5am to get redy and catch a bus. Now, it's into bed around 9, some reading and then lights out and up at 5am (sometimes even 5:30). Some of us have a sleep program built in to our bodies and it's hard to change. Even after 18 years of retirement little has changed. Lucky you.

Yes, freedom.

It must be nice! Counting down 11 years, 9 months, and 4 days for me.

@tma2nc. Oh now that may be too early a countdown...

@Bigwavedave What can I say? I'm REALLY looking forward to retiring!

@TMA2NC you must be a youngster. When you do retire I highly recommend an active adult community. Well if you like people. I moved into one in Garner and I love it.

Piecing together

"to get up to anything"

with your revelatory previous confession

"how much I get done"

I worry about the neighbourhood in particular and the nation's capital in general.

I work mostly afternoons/evenings so I love not setting an alarm, but also getting paid for working while I'm fully awake!

Just six more weeks to go, then me too.

I love getting up at my own pace so much I do my best to make all appointments in the afternoon.

The only time I get up early is if I have a medical appointment and I don't go to bed until I'm actually sleepy

I'm so jealous!

I hate u right now

@pralina1... I have to say retirement is the bomb.

@Bigwavedave I hate u too

@Pralina1 get in line....

I moved my alarm clock/radio to the garage when I retired. I haven't heard an alarm for years.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:615952
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.