Agnostic.com

2 2

Why I Am An Atheist

I don't believe in the existence of God, I don't consider myself to be a believer in the supernatural or anything spiritual really. I have accepted we are all a bunch of evolved primates spinning around a primate planet in the milky way galaxy. I don't believe in any after life or what have you either. I am not sure why folks believe in God accept fear.

AtheistForReal 2 Aug 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Do you know anything about Illogical atheist Richard Dawkin's mind virus meme organism?

The implications of meme organism being capable of mutation and evolution into a cognition organism with cognition capability unto itself capable of interacting with the mind of people gives for understanding the biblical theme and that Jesus was a "son of God", or in modern Richard Dawkin's terminology we could say a son of meme. The product or offspring of a mind virus organism.

Word Level 8 Aug 16, 2021

Hello and welcome enjoy the site, you should fit in well.

In answer to your question, I think that laziness may have nearly as much to do with it as fear. It is nice as a believer to be told that you already know everything important, because you are chosen, you don't have to work at it, you are a good person without working at that, and for extra reassurance the priest, vicar, imam will tell you what to think.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:616323
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.