Agnostic.com

14 15

LINK Catholic Archbishop of Dublin says belief has ‘vanished’ in Ireland

Evidence of Christian belief in Ireland today “has for all intents and purposes vanished,” Catholic Archbishop of Dublin Dermot Farrell has said. This “underlying crisis of faith” was “particularly acute among the younger generations,” he said.

snytiger6 9 Aug 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Let's hope he is correct.

I keep wondering, once the Catholic church and other key theistic institutions lose traction with their congregations,

1. what will happen in the real estate markets with all the churches and institutions and land they own.
  2. what will become of the organizations - can they in fact "re-imagine" themselves, such as into secular or even atheistic organizations that serve various key community purposes.
  3. when there will also be increased public re-examining not only of whether God exists, but of the moral teachings implicit and explicit in the Jewish, Islamic and Christian theistic systems.
kmaz Level 7 Aug 18, 2021

Oopsy!

Given the number and history of protecting and hiding
PEDOPHILES
by the Church's Priests and their team of LAWYERS...
-----> "Uh-DUH!!!!
-----------> "they THINK???"

He might be forced to get a real job! Oh, no!

And is there a down side to this story?

Personally I can't think of one.

I also don't see a downside.

This is great news! People are waking up finally!!!!! 😍

At least in that country. This I'm to sure half of the time.

Priests had a habit of vanishing when they were accused of diddling altar boys too

If the younger people are turning away from religion. That makes me wonder how many a catholic in name only?

most (but not all) of the ones I know are iffy at best and going to mass simply because of family pressures

Hooray for education!

Can't blame the people to start smelling bullshit after over 2 millenniums of announcing the second coming while the Vatican enriched itself and protected pedophiles and even Nazis, eventually even the dumbest fuck has to start saying, now wait a minute here...

Sure and begorrah!!!!!!

Oh, happy day!

You can't fool the Irish for more than a couple centuries. When they catch on it's noticeable.

There's still plenty of devout Catholics in Ireland. I will say that have a lot of atheists as well.

There will always be devout Theists of all denominations. We can only hope that they will become a minority in all societies.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:616499
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.