Agnostic.com

11 2

George Takei as usual, has been sticking his foot in his mouth since he contracted Trump Derangement Syndrome. He thinks that those that are “willfully unvaccinated” should be given healthcare last. Morons like Takei should realize that triage does not work that way; it is based on need. Following his logic, you can apply it to fat people who are going into cardiac arrest, homosexuals that have contracted AIDS, smokers with lung cancer, etc. If I was Takei, stop commenting on politics and do something more productive.

[google.com]

Heavykevy1985 6 Aug 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

it certainly has a kind of sense about it, but he still could be kinda warped. perhaps he just said it on impulse.

Takei is intelligent and thoughtful you and trumpleforeskih aren't

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 21, 2021

Since you are lacking in spelling, you lack insight too. Takei is a partisan idiot and insufferable hack

You might think he has his foot in his mouth, but I know you have your head up your ass. Is it the smell, the taste, or the view you enjoy in there? Maybe all three? There is no correlation between normal hospital operations and a hospital overrun with patients because of a runaway pandemic. Unless one has a medical reason for not being able to take the vaccine, there is no excuse not to get it, so fuck'em. They have made a choice to endanger themselves, which I don't care about, and others, which I do care about. I get from your ignorant statement you are probably homophobic also. What gives you the right to express your opinion , but George is not supposed to. So you are a fucking hypocrite as well. Nothing is worse than a hypocrite. Enjoy your stay. 🙂

Would u marry me ?

@Pralina1 🤣 Of course, but we should go steady first. ☺

People with AIDS that have sex knowing that they have AIDS endangers others too but they still get care based upon NEED. I knew by posting this that I would stir a hornet’s nest with you progs

Also, nice ad homs butthead

@Heavykevy1985 That is all you have? Actually I did both. I know it is difficult to read with your head up your ass. It is dark in there. Next time you are in there be sure and take a small flash light with you. Coming from someone from Mississippi I really didn't expect much. At least you didn't disappoint. 🙂

@Sticks48 don’t really care to engage with a butthead that is not interested in having a conversation but instead engages in stereotypes and insults.

@heavykevy1985 that really hurts. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Stop commenting until you are lucid.

I don't understand your comparison. None of the physical conditions you named are transmitted to others with casual contact, none of them are highly contagious, none of them pose a physical threat to the health care workers treating them or others they may come in contact with, and none of them are conditions easily contained with something so simple as a vaccine.

I doubt many will because our health care workers have performed heroically and with the utmost selflessness, but during times when ICUs are overflowing, I find it valid that vaccinated patients be treated first in that they are most likely to benefit from the extreme effort it will take to keep them alive, versus the unvaccinated who will likely use a lot of resources and die anyway. That would very much be in line with how triage works.

Naturally, I would find children exempt from this as they can not control their parent's actions.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Of course you would not understand. Nonetheless, all those examples are things preventable by being responsible but following Takei’s logic, we should deny a smoker care for his lung cancer

George Takei always has smart and logicalcomments. I'm at the point I agree with him in principal because not only are they affecting their own health they're probably affecting mine in my neighbors.

As another poster said triage doesn't have time to ask for a vaccination card. Something tells me when you're running out of oxygen and intubation equipment, it is time to take care of the people that have been trying to not only take care of themselves but their loved ones as well. Most of the time by that stage you can help the right people first.

He isn't saying anything that many people aren't thinking. There are many "causes" of being fat, people get AIDS without being homosexual, and people that don't smoke get lung cancer. But Covid can be slowed down if not stopped by taking precautions and getting the damn vaccine. Personally those that have been very public about not getting the vaccine I think are deserving of scorn, if not limited medical care. I think it is awesome Karma that when they have been so outspoken and obnoxious they come down with this "hoax" disease. Karma is working overtime recently. The US is still a free country. Morons and regular people are allowed to express their opinions. If YOU dont' like George Takei change the channel or turn off the TV or whatever. You can't pick and choose who gets a platform to express their opinions, but you don't have to listen, or complain about it. If you know you don't like George, don't listen to George. I don't like Tucker Carlson or Rush Limbaugh. Rush did us a favor by shuffling off this mortal coil. I don't watch TV or Fox News ever, so I can avoid Tucker Carlson. Everyone is happy. Thank goodness you're not George Takei. You would likely not have survived what he's been through.

Spot on!

In that case, you made a conscious choice to respond to me. I have a right to disagree with insufferable twats like Takei. If he is going to say dumb shit, he should be grilled on it. Again, like Takei, medical care is based on need and obviously, you missed my point about parallel examples.

@Heavykevy1985 Sure you do have a right to disagree with anyone. I am a veteran. I may not agree with what you have to say, I signed up with my blood for your right to say it. I also have the right to disagree and have my personal opinion of you. We will likely never agree, and that's the cross we both must bear. When you put your personal opinions out there you are either looking for a fight or seeking to find others of the same mind. I don't give enough of a damn to fight with you. It just isn't worth the time and you just aren't that important.

@Heavykevy1985 What is Trump Derangement Syndrome? KnowIng that Trump is a Evil Fucking Piece of Shit? I guess I'm deranged then. Anti-Vaxxers are the stupid fucking morons, not George Takei.

Being that you are such a partisan asshole like Takei that you are unable to see your cognitive dissonance. Anti-Vaxxers? Who? Why is Trump evil? Takei should not spout out dumb shit especially when people call him out on it.

@Heavykevy1985 Those are awful big words. Trump is almost as big a piece of shit as his supporters, the MAGATs.

@barjoe oh wow! Don’t hurt yourself with those words you found on a message board, big boy.

@Heavykevy1985 Alright Mr Cognitive Dissonance Boy. Newsmax taught you well. Why don't you crawl back under that rock.

@barjoe don’t watch Newsmax but obviously you do. Lol

@Heavykevy1985 Obviously. It took you three days to think up that one, lardboy.

@barjoe you just posted that reply today. What have you been smoking? Has not been three days or are you that stupid?

@Heavykevy1985 Yes. I'm stupid for bothering to answer a tub of shit like you.

@barjoe but still you cannot resist. Lol.

Those are not the same at all. Losing weight is a constant struggle and is usually very expensive (shit food is cheap). Your other examples are idiotic for their own reasons. In any case there isn't a FREE, available medication that drastically reduces or eliminates the need for hospitalization for over 97% of people that would otherwise need it for anything else you could think of. Where's the free shot that reduces either the desire to smoke or the negative effects of smoking by 97%? Where's the shot that can turn people straight so they, what, won't get AIDS? (I assume that would be the asinine equivalent of what you're suggesting, like straight people don't get it.) Where's the shot that makes people skinny and reduces the risk of heart disease by 97%? You don't even need to make that motherfucker free. I'm not even that heavy and I'd pay fuckin' thousands of dollars for that. Point is, it is not at all analogous, and Takei is a billion times smarter than you.

Thank u

I'm not saying celebrities don't have the right to an opinion, I'm just wondering why theirs should be received with any more weight than, I dunno, a Harvard scholar's, for instance.

Is it because Harvard scholars are too busy learning and thinking about things to spout off about random BS all day?

Oh dear gods , another one . Ok .
Here we are
45 yr old , CHF , CAD , COPD . Presenting to ER w COPD Exacerbation , severe pulmonary edema , elevated troponin and I need to intubate . Fully vaccinated and covid neg .
45 yr old , no previous PMH , slightly overweight , presenting to ER w severe SOB , elevated liver enzymes , cough and low grade fever . Placing at high flow device and maximizing without results . I need to intubate . Unvaccinated and covid pos .
I have one vent left and one micu bed left .
What should I do ?
Not even gonna ask u how should I feel , bcz there is no answer that u can possibly give me .
Tell me who gets the MICU bed .
Thanks .

I can't, and I don't know if the OP can, based on the stream of alphabet soup you've just poured out. That's like asking, based on a bunch of chemical formulations, should we add water or salt if it catches fire.

His point, though, with which I agree, is that neither can George Takei.

And certainly vaccination status alone should not be the deciding factor.

@Paul4747 I see nothing wrong w anyone regardless profession expressing opinions . I am very greatful for many artists , musicians , actors , athletes , whatever , who using their image and influence to express their opinions . The world has gained much goodness bcz of many public figures that took a position .
At same time , people’s opinions , celebrities or not , r just opinions . We , the non celebrities , we hopefully make r minds not based just on opinions .
In short , the OP and anyone else that thinks an actor or an athlete needs “ to shut up “, bcz they are not experts , well , not my friends in life . We had a president that had no idea of medicine or presidency yet told us to inject / ingest Lysol . Not a doctor . Yay , and many followed 😂
We had an athlete who kneeled to protest monstrosities against his race . He was black . People thought that was horrible . Well .

I agree with you and Takei. For my entire career I've always been the caregiver that would tell others I didn't want to know about what a patient had done (like the prisoners) or their ability to pay (because some would complain about being bossed around by the indigent) I just wanted to do my best to care for my patients from the moment I got them until they left my care. I have actually gotten in trouble for not catering to someone the hospital told me was a "VIP", and I did my best for the people that would never pay a single dime of their bill because that's what I signed up for, and I wasn't going to let some unrelated nonsense dictate how I prioritized my care.

But this, is different.

People don't really see how their own weight gain negatively impacts the system. Same with smoking or drinking or even drug use sometimes. And generally, I think others view them in the same light because we all have and need vices in this life to get by without walking into the ocean. But when something like this happens, and there's a free, low-time-investment action you can take to do your part, it's a big fuck you to the entire system and everyone else pitching in to fight a common enemy. They're actually teaming up with the enemy and fighting against mankind by helping to spread the virus, helping it to mutate, wasting resources, and placing so much unnecessary stress on the Healthcare system and its workers that it breaks or comes real damn close. I'm kinda confused why anyone is surprised we don't want to take care of someone who was just fighting against us... even though, unfortunately, we will.

@Pralina1 I am not technically sure that Trump's don't still just count as "celebrity opinins", even when he was in office.

The level of anger is likely partly due to the poster's conservatism, and the other part due to the poster's hatred of gay men, such anger having developed because the person has homosexual tendencies themselves, and hasn't yet come to grips with them because of the social matrix.

@Paul4747 well, I take it that the op does not understand medical terminology . How sad . I guess medicine is not his field . Perhaps just like the actors , he shouldn’t have an opinion then ?
COPD =chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
CAD= coronary artery disease
CHF = congestive heart failure
PMH = personal medical history
SOB = shortness of breath
ER = emergency room

@racocn8 strawman much?

@Pralina1 want some dressing with that word salad?

@Heavykevy1985 One person being too dumb or uneducated to understand what someone has written doesn't make it word salad. I understood her comments perfectly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:617417
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.