Agnostic.com

19 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lmao these imbeciles keep doing the same thing over and over.

Let them. The world will be smarter in the end

Yeah, I've prayed all citizens of Mississippi get vaccinated and we see how effective that was.

Prayer has the same 50/50 chance of being granted as wishing on a star or doing nothing at all. Most religious people are too ignorant of reality to realize that.

I think the odds are a lot lower than 50/50, but yeah almost nay action that involves magical thinking is not going to work or change the odds of the desired results.

Baltimore is far worse on the education totem pole. I live in Mississippi. Just because there are a lot religious people down here, does not make them stupid

I think religion makes people a lot less rational. Doesn't matter where.

@snytiger6 I think it takes irrationality to embrace religion. In other words, the religion doesn't make you irrational, you were irrational to begin with. I like to quote Hermann Hesse here. "The concept of god is an insanity". So to embrace an insanity takes a Nobel Prize in Irrationality.

@snytiger6 how so? By your logic, Buddhists are less rational, even though Buddhists are atheistic.

@Healthydoc70 not necessarily. Francis Collins, a scientist working on the human genome project, is a person of faith and so were people like Kirkegaard and Isaac Newton

What makes them think that their prayers are going to be anymore effective than everyone else's failed prayers? What a bunch of fuckin idiots. Just get vaccinated, really simple and it works. Jesus Christ!

Well I mean sure...prayers got them this far...and I am sure they see themselves as being encircled by this new case surge due to the Delta variant...and then there is the new (Lambda??) variant they found in Peru...yup...pray muthafuckers...you are about to meet your destiny. Smfh ...

Because that has worked so well in the past. Just imaging the disaster we would have had if instead of prayer we listened to medical health experts. Oh! The horror!

Bye bye your dead

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 26, 2021

I'm reminded of an old meme cartoon showing a doctor, a patient in his bed, and a nurse. The caption reads "he isn't responding to medication nurse, so why don't you try whacking him off."

Maybe prayer if you prefer it. 🙂

What a load of religious bollox!

It has worked so well throughout history, why not. 🙃

You mean he hasn't been praying this whole time? No wonder it wasn't going away.

CAREFUL--THIS IS MISLEADING. This commissioner is not an alumnus of Mississippi State University. He graduated from Mississippi College--a Baptist school--where he majored in religion and political science.

Unfortunately that same practice becomes natural for their children.

I had a boss that went to college in that state. It does explain a little bit on how he ran the place.

The answer to everything that solves nothing!

That is their solution to everything.

Stupid is as stupid does. You can lead a theist to reason, but you can't make him/her think.

Dear god, please give the stupid quick deaths. Hah.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:618441
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.