Agnostic.com

5 4

Surviving Ida, day 5:

I am often indecisive, sometimes agonizingly so. The daughter i live with and her fiance decided they were going to leave town and head to Missouri until the power is restored, and they offered to take me with them. They are heading to Bourbon Missouri, the tiny little town where I grew up. I do still have family there- a sister and her family, and others that i no longer have relationships with. But I did not want to be stuck in that town while daughter and SiL are off visiting people. I could stay with my sister or her daughter, but they are both smokers, and eww. My other daughter had been looking for a place to bring her kids to get away for a bit, and she said i could go with her but i wouldn't be able to bring my dog as the place she rented doesn't allow pets. My sister lost her balance and fell on Tuesday, and ended up with a compound fracture of her arm. She had surgery to set the arm and was kept overnight to monitor for infection. I hadn't heard anything, so i texted her and asked if she was home. She replied, "Nope and I don't get to go there, either." That just confused me, so i texted her daughter and asked what was going on. They have decided she needs full time care and will have to go into a nursing home. She has CHF, and that I'm sure is the reason, not the arm. So now, something else to make my decision harder. I haven't seen her for a couple of years and she has been begging me to come up there. I had no idea she was this bad off! I was back and forth 15 times about what to do. Indecisive AS FUCK!! In the end I decided to go with my other daughter and visit my sister another time- primarily because my daughter and SiL really didn't have room for me (though they would have found a way to make it work had I decided to go), especially since his father had bought them a generator to bring back with them. So tomorrow night I'll be sleeping in the AC somewhere in Alabama. Sometime soon I'll make a 3-4 day trip to MO to see my sister.

I do think we are going to be among the last to get power. They have started in the east and are working their way west. That puts us at the bottom. Boo! That's another reason i chose as i did- the thought of 2 weeks up there twiddling my thumbs! I'll only be in Alabama 6 days, then I'll decide what to do from there. My son and daughter in law have offered me refuge so i may take their offer.

The streets are hazardous, because people are reckless. All traffic lights at out of course, turning all intersections with traffic lights into 4 way stops. Except people aren't stopping. I was going down a busy road today, and people were just driving straight through like they were the only ones on the road. 🤦♀️ People have no sense

JonnaBononna 7 Sep 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i like Mobile.

Be careful sweety

Will do. She got a nice sized house with a giant game room, so it should be fun.

Don't know what part of Bama you're going to but it is cooling a bit here in the SE corner...actually going down to high 60's tonight...hi 80's tomorrow during the day...FYI

I don't know where I'm going either lol

@JonnaBononna ignorant bliss...don't you just love it😂

@phoenixone1 yep... she just told me she got a place in Alabama. All I needed to know is that it has ac!

I do not envy you, I am really glad I live here. Astoria, Oregon we do have rain, but not like in a hurricane. We did have one once back in 2007, 150 miles per hour winds but it was not bad, trees fell over, I saw some as they fell, missed homes, but not by much. We have good building codes here so little large damage was done.

Whee! Don't know how good we have it here. Just fire, floods, drought, pestilent rabbits, locusts, sparrows,toads, cactus, brumbies, goats, pigs, people & politicians!

CHF = congestive heart failure? Had to look it up. I speak English, not acronym.

I had to search for "SiL" and guess which definition to apply.

Sorry, lazy typing tonight!

@BitFlipper son in law- sorry!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:620031
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.