Agnostic.com

14 5

What is your "normal"?

My "normal" has changed considerably over the last few years. Things I would do or even liked to do are different, how I feel about myself and the people in my life have changed, the way I interact has changed, the way I deal with things has changed. It's been good and bad, both a wake-up call and a shock to my system. I don't want to go back, but I get so scared because I often feel like I'm in uncharted territory without a compass... I suppose what I'm in now is a "new normal."

bleurowz 8 Apr 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is about as normal as I get...

🙂

Still the setting on my dryer!

Hardly anything in my life could be considered normal😉

Good question. I'm not interested in "normal" anymore. I like interesting. And that sounds like precisely where you are. If so, welcome - you discover the most fascinating stuff 🙂

Interesting. Yes, that would be a good way to put it.

Being of the bi polar persuasion, when I first began treatment my psychiatrist told me I'd probably never felt what normal was. For me, normal means mental stability. Not depressed, not hypomanic.

My normal is a vector that is perpendicular to a surface.

I love math jokes!

Me! Everyone else is fucked up. ?

Okay heres the rant about it

Up until I reached 70y.o I was a pushover would do anything for anybody any time It was in the run up to my birthday that I began to feel that my life had been a series of abuses - being taken for granted etc. there is a man in my housing scheme who was always telling me off like a little girl - and I have D.I.D so that isnt great for me to have to deal with someone calling up an alter . I have stopped speaking to him completely now , also he shouts and drinks a lot two more of my triggers- I used ot get his papers for him every day ;now I don't and I don't go near him - there is another man in my housing scheme who attacked me - the police came and gave him an order but he still swans around acting weirdly.

And so many people who take advantage of your good nature and bore you with tales about how they do your make up and hair when they can see you don't use make up or bother about hair or clothes. I think that I might just start acting up a bit myself so that they leave me alone.

Go with the flow. Enjoy the experience of living in the moment and learn from it.

You'll be fine... In my book it's called getting old

It does change ! There is no normal - there is one's reality and it's relative to a greater Reality. Life.

J3sse Level 5 Apr 20, 2018

I'm not sure I can answer this. I've never been "normal." Lol

Neither have I. I'm just talking about my own normal changing.

Work, cook, take care of my eternal child - that’s my routine , so I guess that’s my normal.

Also, my life involves lots of wine, and occasionally a very cross badger. But that’s another story all together

i want to know about the badger

I think it's a myth that adults are supposed to know what they're doing. The more you learn, the more you discover you don't know! It seems perfectly natural to me that you might feel like you're in uncharted territory. Blaze a trail!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:62044
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.