Agnostic.com

6 1

LINK Taliban Parade Shows-Off Plundered U.S. Weapons of War | NewsMo - YouTube

"General Patraeus, you magnificent bastard. I read your book! As-salamu alaykum."

WilliamCharles 8 Sep 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What's the correct pronunciation here? More vowels than I thought.

As-salamu alaykum

We were wrong to be nation-building, but once there for 20 YEARS I think we had a moral responsibility to stay.

Woohoo! Trump finally got his military parade!

There was never any doubt this would happen.
If anyone is surprised, they haven't been paying attention.

So of course all the Cassandras proven right will now get prominent MSM airtime, right?

/s

@WilliamCharles I have no idea what your response means. Who or what are Cassandras?

@WilliamCharles I'm sure that will happen the same time hell freezes over. Right now, the corporate media is too busy putting on the same retired generals and think tank experts that were pro war from twenty years ago to have time to put on any peace activists or any true progressives who opposed the war.

@KKGator - a Cassandra is someone who foretells the future but that no one listens to. This is analogous with those who correctly predicted the outcome in Afghanistan. You'd think the MSM would henceforth feature these people prominently, but we can see that is not the case.

Cassandra in Greek mythology - [en.m.wikipedia.org]

I was agreeing with you btw.

@WilliamCharles Thanks for the explanation.
I was unaware.

Glad to hear that professional courtesy is not dead these days between fellow hit men for governments.

Unfortunately, in the end Erwin Rommell was shamed and forced to commit suicide (supposedly for some obscure connection with attempted assault on Hitler). I had a neighbor who fought in N. Africa under Rommel. He was captured by the British and handed over to the Americans and was sent to a POW camp in Texass. He loved it there - no getting shot at or having to kill others, a steady job with pay and learning the concept of democracy (one hears that a lot from German POW's). Rommel's son, Manfred went on to become the mayor of Stuttgart. He died in 2013.

BTW, an interesting tidbit was the Rommel had a large store of various alcohols stored away. years later it was found and sold in the military class 6 stores in Europe. I bought a bottle of rum and vodka.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:621089
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.