Agnostic.com

3 11

Anti abortion is anti equality.

JonnaBononna 7 Sep 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just read an article on a woman suing her employer because arrangements weren't respected regarding childcare needs. This should be pushed in our society. How many employers commit this act of blatant sexism everday with NO REPRECUSSIONS? This could also apply to men too but it's dispoprtionally female. It doesn'r relate to abortion, but I think sexism has been the norm for so long, that even the parts of it that exist today are difficult to recognize for what they are.

Another example would be our current government allowing a regime to take power that will institute gender based slavery, if we believe what we are hearing in thr news, in Afghanistan. Women should deal with this loss of rights in a unified way and demand accountabilty from our leaders. It is a devaluing for every female when basic human rights are not enforced and gender based slavery is instituted anywhere in the world. Enough is enough.

The anti-choice crowd has never been about preventing abortions, if they were they'd be pro sex education and pro birth control. They are about forcing women to obey their sick interpretation of Biblical morality where women are simply breeding stock controlled by men.

It's been clear for generations that women can never have social equality with men unless they have absolute control over their own reproduction choices.

Yes obviously, no disagreement for this man. But then I don't live in Texas or suffer from Texan culture.

Same here. All the same, my heart goes out to all the poor women in Texas trapped in poverty and abuse. Clearly this will set a precedent that other backward thinking states in the US will try to emulate.

@Deb57 I just wonder if the US can turn itself round before its too late, or if it is now in a hopeless feedback loop, that will push it over the brink. Beware the rest of the world if it does go, it still has massive economic power and arms, a large dying animal in its death throws can do massive harm.

@Fernapple I wonder the same thing. It's hard to determine if we are seeing ultra-conservatism in its death throes or if it will triumph and throw us into a dark age like we haven't seen since pre-medieval Europe. It comforts me that I'm closing in on my golden years and that my offspring didn't reproduce.

@Deb57 I often think the same things, Deb, glad that I didn't reproduce and that the sweet embrace of death awaits me possibly before things turn completely to shit.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:621380
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.