Agnostic.com

11 18

Are vaccination passports and putting unvaccinated Covid patients to the bottom of the triage queue a fair thing to do? A majority of Canadians think so and it is only getting more popular. If you think that your god offers you protection against this virus then go to church and complain if you get sick, leave the hospital beds for people who act responsibly and are working to stop the spread of this virus, not act as human petri dishes to develop new and more lethal variants.
[angusreid.org]

SnowyOwl 8 Sep 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would definitely put the leaders who are spewing this anti-vax conspiracy on the bottom of the list and not even treat them

In the US alone, the unvaxxed have cost the medical system 5.7 billion (source is CBS news).

I have no sympathy for those who choose to not take the vaccine and catch Covid. The vaccine is free and easy to find. Their excuses are lame.

On a purely emotional level, I would agree. On a practical and humanitarian level, I think the best way to handle it is to have a separate triage area for those who are unvaccinated or exhibiting symptoms. The one hospital in our county instituted a second triage area and emergency room early on. It probably saved a lot of lives.
I did not find the expected article at the link, so did not read.

Triage is not who is the sickest or some kind of class system. It is those who are most likely to survive given limited resources. If the unvaccinated tend to end up losing out? It will be because they have less chance of making it.

More correctly, they will have less chance of making it because the current resources are being stressed to the maximum by those who are willfully putting themselves and others at risk. Similar but not the same.

Good idea

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 15, 2021

Absolutely, since people feel their 'god' is so superior, let him figure it out.

It is sickening to hear of people who have suffered or died because the ICU's are filled with unvaccinated covid patients. I hope that the medical staff will reconsider their strategy and take steps to ensure that care is available for everyone, not just the greedy entitled.

The unvaccinated would only be suffering th consequences of a terrible personal decision. They should take medical space and resources away from people who have chosen to do the right thing, or from people with other urgent medical conditions.

These people have chosen to deny and ignore science. Fine, then if they get sick with Covid, let them be denied or at least put at the back of the line for scarce medical resources, when it comes to using that science to treat the disease. They made their choice and there should be consequences for it. That is how the real world works, there are consequences for every choice, at least for average people. Not so much if you are part of a rich aristocratic family like Trump, or part of politically connected family either, for that matter.

totally don't get excusing some one for "deeply held religious beliefs" - I mean this is the 21st century

Evangelicals want it to be the 40s of 50s.

Looking around, you wouldn’t think so…😉

This is a pandemic of the Godly. They want to bring about God's Revelation so ending a disease is not in their playbook. The 21st Century is literally one of death (or everlasting life NOW) for them. In a strong sense, they are trying to push God into Thou's final act for us. This should be reason enough to push them aside without listening to any of their childish nonsense but we give children great attention in the 21st Century.

@rainmanjr Then I'm all for helping them meet Jesus as soon as possible, in their minds, as long as the rest of us are allowed to live a normal lifespan.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:622513
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.