Agnostic.com

5 4

LINK China seems pretty healthy.

It looks, to me, like China will win the COVID response and future economic recovery because they have the necessary attitude. "Because we say to do these things." The d$A is simply devolving into fatal silliness which, unless POTUS Joe successfully threads the possible into the zealotry, seems to take on Stand proportions. The zealots see this virus as God's means to prepare for The End Time and that's why they won't see our "reality." You can't school the predetermined and devout. As we descend into the pit China will ascend economically and we all know how it goes once that happens. They are also cracking down to stop gambling addictions and, I think, that's positive for national growth. My suggestion is to become a Taoist.

rainmanjr 8 Sep 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don't let the blatant propaganda emerging from China fool you, they are as much under siege as anyone else is in the Pandemic it IS just that their Propaganda Ministry runs 24/7 and watches, hears EVERYTHING and filters it all out just letting through EXACTLY what suits the Chinese Government.

I pay very little attention to them or any other nation (except ours because I live here) but assign no real judgment over things as nothing is permanent or under my orders.

@rainmanjr Well now, I so hate to tell you this BUT your beloved United States of Absurdity is NOT exactly behind the rest of the pack when it comes to spreading propaganda, in actual fact, it runs in equal place with Red China, Russia and Nth. Korea.

Why would I want to become a taoist? I'm fine with being an agnostic atheist. Do you believe in a god? If you don't then you are an atheist too.

I do not know why you would want, or not want, to become anything. You be yourself, dear. I am merely sharing a POV about ZenTaoism as it pertains to Chinese dominance of us. Obviously a bit more will go into it before that happens but that is also beyond my control. If you know anything of Zen Taoism then you know that I don't think in terms of "God" at all. Tao is unnamable so we call it Tao. That is a belief so I can't claim to be atheistic. I happen to not agree that belief of something makes it a religion. Taoism is much more of a personal garden for amusement and wisdom, in my opinion.

@rainmanjr So you are scared of saying your an atheist? Either you believe in a god or you don't.

@rainmanjr Is Taoism a belief such that one who subscribes to it cannot be said to be atheist? While the term atheist may be defined as one who is without belief, it seems that the belief referenced is belief in a deity specifically, rather than belief in natural patterns. How is Taoism different from a belief in science? I would lean in favor of a Taoist being able to also claim to be atheist. If certain sayings are problematic, are they so critical to Taoism as to deny that label?

@racocn8
Thank you. A way of life including Taoism and Buddhism do I not mention any god of any kind.

China is doing well because they mandated compulsory Covid vaccine. They were late to the game but they have given 2.2 billion shots and 77% are fully vaccinated with no slowdown and no stupid motherfuckers refuse the shot.

That is one reason and I applaud them for it. That's what govt is for. But they played taking a significant chair in world dominance very well and continue to do that. They raked in boatloads of money from gambling, which they used to prepare their current advantages, and are now shutting that down to cure problems from addictions. That's cynical but brilliant and, I'd bet, very intentional.

@rainmanjr Maybe if you were Chinese and all those restrictions were put upon you, you would think differently. You know China is now deleting famous people from their Weibo which is the eqivalent to Facebook and also deleting their movies and music from social media too. They are afraid that if someone is to popular people will listen to them and revolt.

@Jolanta They are afraid of their opposition? Gee, how novel. I am preparing for the life that I have known to one of accepting those restrictions with as much joy and freedom as allowed. My attitude toward the fall of our empire, from bad decisions which I actively disagreed with but was overruled by American people, is one of personal insight and conviction but also prudence. I merely suggest it as a panacea to the fear you all will feel if China wins.

@rainmanjr China has already won but most people do not realise it.

China is not in that great of a position. Geographically, much of China consists of steep mountains and arid deserts. The 30-40 % that is habitable is limited in farmland. The habitable portions of the country are still badly overpopulated with all the ecological destruction and pollution that go with it. Politically, the communists may be officially atheist, but they are obeisant to that communism, communism which is more fascist than communal. Indeed, they seem to have a rigid oligarchy which suffers from the same favoritism and corruption that afflicts the US. While Chinese may seem to accept their government and system, it is only because the alternative is severe punishment or death. China has a lot to deal with, and spends considerable resources trying to scavenge the rest of the world's resources, physical and intellectual.

Every word is very accurate. I think that's why Xi feels a need to branch out and take over his newly acquired servant states (like Hong Kong). More are coming so that population can spread out.

@rainmanjr It is not a matter of the population spreading out but of world dominance by China, or the people in the party.

I agree, it's getting dangerous helping people think their 'freedoms' outweigh others health. Thing is, when you get a huge population like in China (1.3 billion within the same area so 4 times our numbers) you cannot have true freedoms. Add in a huge mix of 'diversity' (meaning people with different thoughts and cultures) you only make the problems worse. Unfortunately Communism is a much better form than what we have and our total stupidity is only proving that fact. In order to beat China or Covid we absolutely must have almost total unity. We don't even have that on this site.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:622560
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.