Agnostic.com

29 5

Visitors!!

I'm intrigued. What is it that makes us 'visit' a profile? Is it a question posted? Is it a view of a photo? Is it something else completely? I ask as this site was sold/advertised to me as a dating site! It is many things and is often good fun, but it is NOT a dating site (unless you can tell me otherwise).

Silvertongue 7 Apr 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I visit theirs so they'll visit mine, and I'll visit theirs again so they'll visit mine again, and.......wait! That was 7th grade

did you get any valentines?

LOL

@btroje nada one!

@btroje, @Stacey48 Yeah! I suppose it has that aspect

@Stacey48 A bit, yes. Definitely.

Over 1,253 have viewed my profile. 2 more in the last 10 minutes.

WTF!!!!! that is nuts!!!!

@Nickbeee 5 more people now.

@Akfishlady IDK?

@Akfishlady Oh, okay.

It's the only way to block people. 😀

hahahaha!

lol

Awesome lol

Usually because of a comment they've made. Also sometimes if they are in my region.

@Silvertongue
Somewhere there's a list of localish folks on my main page. Or maybe it's under the 'meet' button?

It’s usually my fat thumbs that send me to someone’s profile.

I rarely do. Might be from popping up in my inbox or from a discussion. I mostly interact with discussions or polls.

I agree that it's a social site with dating features.

@Silvertongue yes I saw that pretense too. But it also said community. It definitely has both. To me OkCupid has a much better matching system.

Me, it's the coments !! and their humour.. I ignore the visual it can be missleading online!!

@Akfishlady I tend to have the attitude if I like what people say then I will look and it is important as I have my tastes .. Though very open. I have fallen in love with people in the past based on who they are.. and I have thought I had fallen in love with someone based on looks when younger and less wise maybe lol. Once or twice. I think when you fall for someones person and being it's very different. Not sure if it's different for males too.. I like to challenge myself. A lot of men do behave in a monkey fashion lol. It appals me sometimes lol 🙂 I think your smile is your best asset apart form your personality. Smiles go thing a long way !! You are beaming so that is good me thinks.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm just as nosey as hell.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 20, 2018

It’s usually if someone posted something interesting or made an excellent retort, I want to put a face with the intellect responsible. So if I check you out I was somehow either educated or entertained.

Same!

I visit people that visit me. But outside of that, my usual process goes something like this:

1. Hey, this person is witty/funny/kind/cool
  2. Hey, nice profile pic, too
  3. click
  4. Damn, why do you live in Narnia?!

Lather, rinse, repeat. =)

tmaaz Level 5 Apr 20, 2018

LOL!

I bet you have had a lot of visitors today ?

MsAl Level 8 Apr 20, 2018

I check someone out when they say something wise and witty, or irritating in some way. I'm always curious.
And of course anyone who writes to me, or whose looks intrigue me !

Any and all sites can be potential fodder for dates, if you think about it.

Yes go to a profile and send a message

About 60% of the time, it's because my mobile device isn't correctly picking up my scroll-tracking and thinks I tapped instead. (Sorry, everyone.) The other 40% is just me being nosey: e.g., do I remember this person?, is that a new photo?, is that my grandma? — y'know, the usual.

I won't tell you otherwise, even with the threat of torture! I hardly ever visit anyone and l would feel funny sending a message. Also l can't get into my messages and they can't seem to fix it. I have 2 messages now l can't get to. They are probably just letting me know I'm being blocked.

Sounds a bit odd chap !!! Have you made a post to admin about this ??? It's not thing sending a message to anyone here that is what it's for my freind.

A variety of things will make me look at a post, someone who's liked a comment, someone who sends me a message, someone who's different, or I'm just being nosey lol

It can be a dating site, there seem to be quite a few who have met up and done the 'date' thing so I guess it works in that regard but i would say it's more community if I had to choose.

Whan someone makes an interesting comment or post, or when there comment relates to their location or is obviously a different climate, I check for location.

I would classify it as a social site with dating features. Why do we visit profiles? I can only speak for myself, and I'll be 100% honest. If a woman posts something interesting or replies to one of my posts, I may bring up her profile to check for compatibilty and/or to see what she looks like. There are some very pleasant looking people here and of course I like to look. I certainly hope no one has taken offense to it. Too, if a lady has offered a particularly noteworthy polite or interesting response I will check briefly to see what other interesting things she has posted or commented. And if it's glaringly obvious she has sent me a "signal," I of course will go check her out. Has to be pretty obvious, though, for me to "signal" back. I've been trying to tone down my flirt game...just a little. Just the tip.

If I see something interesting that a man has posted, I'll check him out too, especially if I think we see eye to eye on things. What else has he posted that I will like? One can never have too many friends and allies in this world. And, frankly, I'm not 100% unattracted to good looking guys. There, that's a bit of forthright honesty I would not likely share anywhere else.

I vist a profile to see who "liked" one of my posts or comments, who has replied to one of my comments or posts, and who is following my posts.

I usually look to see where folks are from.

I visit profiles of people that make me laugh or consistently answer the same as I would. It's intriguing.

to check out women. the world is a dating site

I check out profiles based on comments

Location usually.
If they're within reasonable distance I'll likely day hello.
Chit-chat online is cool, but if rather meet in person.
From years in other groups I realize most people don't really want to meet, but I've nothing to lose by attempting.

Either interesting questions or answers.

ebdb Level 7 Apr 20, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:62408
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.