Agnostic.com

96 11

What, in your opinion, is the greatest invention in human history?

Anything from the hand-axe to the quantum computer.

Jnei 8 Apr 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

96 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Written language

Indoor plumbing is pretty fantastic.

Refrigeration.

Toilet paper was an excellent replacement for cactus.
P.S. I really did want to give an intellectual response but I'm tired and it's late, so the smart ass just came right out, Please forgive this episode.

Most people used stones or the Sears catalog lol.

@SLBushway Some people experimented with tabloid newspapers but discovered they wiped more on than off.

Toilet paper is dirty. Bidets are better. And those automatic bum sprayers in Korea are the bomb.

The antimatter toaster - I'm from the future.

What the hell are you toasting that you need antimatter to get it done?

Modern plumbing. Being able to effectively deal with human waste eliminated an amazing amount of disease.

Agree 100%!

It's a draw. Indoor plumbing and air conditioning. I was going to say donuts but that is so obvious.

Lol I am writing a book about donuts. My Uncle owned LaMar’s Donuts. If you have any stories,opinions, or ideas for the book I would appreciate it. Donut photos?

@CandyWorner That is great. Donuts should be one of the major food groups.

Written language. That certainly paved the way for humans to accumulate knowledge on a scale that was never possible before.

Think I gotta go with this.

Language.

Chocolate....chocolate coated anything.

There are many great ones, but I think the assembly line is one of the greatest. It sparked the industrial revolution, put millions to productive work, made products more affordable.

A cell phone. I don't remember how I lived without one.

Two words- Duct Tape!

drawing and painting

alphabet, or frisbee

Fire.

antibiotics

Sliced bread, obviously, since it is the yardstick to which we compare all other innovations.

I would suggest that this post may the best one since..............you know the rest lol

The Internet

1. Alphabet
  2. Mathematics
  3. Yoga pants

I agree...mostly

1. Yoga pants 98%
  2. Alphabet 1%
  3. Mathmatics 1%

This more properly illistrates importance.

Are you all missing the obvious? INDOOR PLUMBING

Piggy backing on that one Bill Nye gave a strong argument for municipal sewer and water systems without which large cities could not exist.

The bidet❣?

It's a shame they're not getting enough use.?

yes it really is

The scientific method

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:62423
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.