Agnostic.com

96 11

What, in your opinion, is the greatest invention in human history?

Anything from the hand-axe to the quantum computer.

Jnei 8 Apr 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

96 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Birth contol pills

The greratest invention in history was the development of the transistor. Who could argue about that ??

computers/internet. It makes the world very small.

The wheel.

In modern times I'd choose Tesla's AC motor and generator.

The printing press

Irene Level 4 Apr 21, 2018

I would go for language. Though whether that counts as an invention or part of the natural course of evolution, I am not certain. Certainly a thought-provoking question!

You mean apart from The Wheel, Electricity an the Internet? My "silly answer" is my MP3 player. If you had told me when I was young that you wound be able to fit all my 300 records (both sides) on something as small as a matchbox AND listen to them. I would have thought you were insane in the membrane. BIg Brighton Love Andy x

Yes, after reading some posts, I'm going with language and writing.

Language/writing/communication, without it, nothing we have would be possible.

The wheel.

The wheel?

Language..

Religion - what a scam.
I despise religions and religious people, but it certainly has worked out well for them considering history and current state of affairs around the world.

I was going to say this too. Albeit it had a silver lining. Before Freud opened us up to analyzing our human condition, religion as a device served it’s purpose pretty well of keeping the human condition in check. Sometimes our inventions backfire for the worse (heck we’re just seeing this now with YouTube).

The time machine (I'm from the future)

ebdb Level 7 Apr 20, 2018

Language

Cheese! Could not live without!

The wheel.

Air conditioning and chocolate

The Fleshlight, obviously.

Really? I've gotten mixed reviews.

@Bignate901 Depends on the sleeve, I think.

? ha!

Books and a warm blanket. A fireplace is a foregone inclusion.

Agriculture. And beer coolers with wheels.

am going for the vibrator....male and fermale ones....lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:62423
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.