Agnostic.com

11 18

Are you going to the Women's March on October 2?

Across the nation, the Woman's March is to rally for control of our own bodies. Florida is planning to copy Texas' draconian anti-abortion law.

Making a sign, I'm drawing big, bold letters with a pencil and madly erasing. My hand tremor has gotten worse as I get older.

So, I recruited my ex-husband artist to outline each letter. I can fill in the letters. Terry has a steady hand. He taught me to lock my wrist while drawing. He can improve my lettering.

Hope I don't erase a hole in the poster board! 🙂

My sign will say:

Keep Your Theology
Off My Biology

Flip side:

Feminist Voter.

"Theology" and "Feminist" will be cobalt blue. The rest will be black.

Will ask Terry to artistically jazz up "Feminist Voter." It looks measly with just two words.

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Keep Your Theology
Off My Biology"

LIKE THAT! 😉👍

I haven't heard yet if we are having a women's march on Kauai yet. If we do, I can easily find my sign making supplies from the last one we had. We're pretty mellow here - and normally discourage gatherings such as marches and such due to covid, so I'd be pretty torn as to whether to attend or not. You've got some great slogans for your signs. Not sure what mine will say if there's a march here and if I decide to go.

No, but I'll be cheering everyone on from home.

I ordered a flag. It is supposed to be here Monday.

I'll have to see if there is one reasonably close. Fairly good chance there is one in Savannah.
Edit - Savannah - Forsyth Park Fountain - 11AM
Marching down Bull Street to Johnson Square

2 states in Dark Ages when it comes to women's rights makes me sick.

Hope it goes well, shaky hand or not.

I won’t be there, but I support feminism. I’d like to see more state and federal legislators in place to support the cause. Let’s vote for them. Perhaps you should run or consider suggesting it to some of your friends.

Nope...too long of a drive...but I am there in spirit.

@phoenixone1

Check and see if there's a march or rally in your home town. It's happening across the United States on October 2.

I'm going to the Women's March in Wenatchee, WA where I live.

@LiterateHiker Tallahassee is the closest and that's over 200 miles round trip...I am considering it but may just make a donation to Planned Parenthood...my health is going downhill unfortunately.

So far I have tentative plans with my daughters and possibly the grands to attend the march. The grands are kinda iffy, the moms say the crowds might freak the kiddoes out.

Good luck

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 24, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:624426
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.