Agnostic.com

17 2

Deep

What helped y'all become Atheist?

Joetheman 3 Sep 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The absurd claims of God Mobsters. The Buy Bull. Karl Popper's "The Logic of Scientific Discovery". An ability to use my own grey cell. See also @BufftonBeotch's comment.

Every kkkristian I know.

Science

Reading the Babble & Bertrand Russell

I'm not atheist, and nothing helped me become agnostic. There just came a time I realized I was agnostic, from things I read about the illegitimacy of the Bible and other things. No great mystery.

Realizing that all religion wasn't real is why I became an atheist.

I can remember that as early as 5 yo I thought the stories in Sunday school were BS. I've read the Bible, Torah, Quran and other religions books and I still think it's BS. So I didn't become Athiest, I've just never been religious.

I read the whole bible. Then I found out it was a rare Christian who did and they had little idea what was in it.

Well, when I was in high school, at church my age group was reading the old testament, while at school we were studying Greek mythology. It quickly became apparent to me that the old testament was just a bunch of myth stories. I had doubts before then, but it was at that point where my doubts overruled doctrine.

As they say nothing makes more atheists than actually reading the bible.

Religion does it all, allowing atheists and agnostics thrive

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 25, 2021

I did my own research, and discovered that the scriptures are not always true.

Simple, Religion and discovering that it is ALL Bullshit.

Theists. Because the more I saw of them, the less I wanted to be like them.

Age Of Reason, by Thomas Paine, started the slide into it but I became a Deist first.

The Bible.

The bible itself and all of the contradictions in it. The book as we know it today came into existence some 300 years after the time of Jesus. Numerous people were raised from the dead in the bible and yet Jesus was "the firstfruits of the dead." Believers are going to live forever and yet they have to die in order to make this possible.

The bible. The believers. The bullshit.

Yep, IF bullshit was selling for 50 cents a ton, there would be multi, multi, multi-billionaires crawling out of the woodwork faster than cockroaches in a sleazy hotel.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:624454
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.