Agnostic.com

3 4

Priest ‘stole church funds to buy drugs for gay sex parties’
Tom Kington, Rome
Friday September 17 2021, 4.40pm, The Times

Francesco Spagnesi, 40, who was highly regarded by his parishioners in Tuscany, is accused of drug-dealing

An Italian priest known for his sparkling homilies has been arrested on suspicion of stealing thousands of euros in church funds and donations to buy drugs for gay sex parties that he hosted.

Father Francesco Spagnesi, 40, a highly regarded Roman Catholic priest from Prato near Florence, is under house arrest as police interview 200 people who are said to have attended his parties over the past two years.

Police began investigating Spagnesi after allegedly discovering that his flatmate had imported from the Netherlands a litre of the “date-rape” drug GHB, which can be used to incapacitate victims of sexual assault.

Detectives allege that the two men used online dating sites to invite guests to parties where drugs were shared and sold. Officers found bottles

OldMetalHead 9 Sep 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That is a good christian thing to be doing. I hope all the invitations go out to all the newspapers.

Parishoner: Bless me Father for I have Sinned
Father: Ha hold my communion wine!

Drugs, rape, and sodomy. It's like a trifecta. One has to work hard to shock me, anymore, but he went that extra mile.

@OldMetalHead That is going one toke over the line.

A sacramental trinity of a sort.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:624623
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.