Agnostic.com

2 3

Three days of class left and a student sends a message letting me know that he submitted his assignment two days late and asks if there is anything he can do to bring his grade up to a B.

I dunno--maybe reset time and redo all assignments?

At least the late assignment brought the grade up to a D-.

Gwendolyn2018 9 Oct 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I was studying Philosophy back in 1972 there was one student that was taking the same three classes I was. She had not done any of the work and asked the teacher if she could turn the papers in late. He said yes, next time you enter into this school and take the courses again. He flunked her out of school. Was a good loss, she had no idea what she was doing other than just being there spending her parents money.

Well, what scope for leeway do you have? Would it be worth it, or just a lesson in being on time or asking for an extension....

@Gwendolyn2018 from a sociological point of view, all students are individually just another brick in the wall.
Yes, I used to ride the reviewing wave when young lecturers marked me down, then their seniors regraded me for using Pink Floyd! Progression of reference points in societal memory.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:625654
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.