Agnostic.com

3 16

Leaving the fold- A great book for any person recovering from religion.

I discovered the author in one of The Thinking Atheist podcasts. So thank you Seth for doing such an amazing job in interviewing atheists/humanists/skeptics who actually have something interesting and helpful to say.

tsallinia 6 Oct 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I left the fold about 4 years ago. I will read this book

I'm happy for you ☺️ I actually left religion 4 years ago as well. I'm still so angry with it though... I feel I wasted so much precious time of my life 😟

I'm on the third chapter and it's pretty good so far.

@tsallinia I’m going through same phase. Mad at myself for being so gullible and believing it and angry at adults for manipulation of myself when I was a child

@abyers1970 Please do not be mad at yourself for believing what you were told by much of society to be true. Why wouldn't a child believe parents and so much of society? This is a failing of everyone except you (especially since you questioned it, with time/knowledge/experience) so you can now teach from a greater perspective. As for wasted time...there is none of that. We can not learn unless we wander thru periods in which we sample and question. Nobody is born a (profession). We are excited by some aspect of a profession and seek to learn it. I wanted to be a Parapsychologist until Jr High and then a Lawyer. I actually became a Zen Taoist Monk after many years of wandering around thru other ideas, including LDS and Atheism. Be kinder to yourself. Especially your child self. Peace.

I will check it out. Thanks for posting.

I will keep my eyes out for it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:625897
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.