Agnostic.com

1 5

Owen Wilson is slacker perfection in Saturday Night Live monologue.

An extremely laid-back Owen Wilson urged viewers in his monologue on “Saturday Night Live” to “put on your coziest flannel and maybe we just chill out for the next 90 minutes.”

He quipped at the beginning of the Season 47 premiere that some reviewers have found his own energy a tad low, like the one who once wrote that his “onscreen persona has all the ambition of an old golden retriever lying next to a fire.”

To “be honest, I probably have been guilty at times of coasting a little, taking my foot off the pedal,” he admitted while his two actor brothers, Luke and Andrew, watched from the audience.

“But I’ll tell you what, when Daniel Day-Lewis retired, and all that pressure landed on my shoulders, everything changed, and that’s when I knew I had to do ‘Cars 3,’” he confessed.

But then he asked: “Is it the worst thing in the world being a golden retriever lying next to a fire? I mean, I know everyone comes out here and says, ‘It’s going to be a great show!’ Is it? I mean, I’m betting on it, of course. I’ve been betting on a lot of things lately. I’ve a bit of a gambling problem.”

But “close your eyes, get comfy,” he urged. “I know they said, ‘Owen, c’mon, we don’t want to encourage people to be sleeping.’ Yeah, but also, I’m not going to stand here and tell people not to dream.”

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I want a golden retriever.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:626046
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.