Agnostic.com

17 11

Pope Francis expresses ‘shame’ over French Church sex abuse scandal

[france24.com]

xenoview 8 Oct 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Catholics had a big convention some time back to discuss how to handle accusations of sexual abuse. I was like WTAF? Call the police, period.

Unless and until the Pope publicly shames the offenders, punishes and defrocks them, then turns them over to authorities WITH evidence for prosecution, he is not doing enough.

That is a start, but is he going to do anything els about it not happening?

Theists are always saying how god is doing this or doing that to punish us for LGBT, abortions, Atheists, etc. I wonder why it never does anything when the church does things against it's commandments? Of course we as Atheists know why!

His "shame" doesn't mean a damned thing.

I really want to see the rcc sued into total WORLDWIDE bankruptcy.
Every state, province, country, and the World Court need to sue for every dime and asset.
Right down to the pope's pointy hat.

I'm sick of this shit.
It's got to stop.

But it's not going to happen. The RCC has too much of a stranglehold on western governments.

The Vatican is well up on the list of richest nations per capita.

@BufftonBeotch True, 100% true, it IS the Wealthiest Organisation AND Nation in the entire world.
Second to it is the L.D.S. Church followed closely behind by the Church of Scientology.

Too little and too late. Nothing other than empty rhetoric could be expected from the Pope. When all those who are named and not just shamed are put behind bars then the word apology will have some meaning behind it.

How about being open to prosecuting and jail for the clergy that was involved? How about excommunicating them for bringing such "shame" on the church? Not going to do anything more meaningful than "thoughts and prayers" and the dead bodies across America due to mass shootings show just how relevant that is in doing anything.

Oh Dear, this is all so embarrassing.

twill Level 7 Oct 7, 2021

He is the absolute ruler of the feudal institution, so he should be held responsible for leading a abusive organization.

It is easy to harvest the good part and isolate the bad part...

579514267954698th isolated case....

Considering that he has done fuck all to expose and eradicate pedophiles in the Catholic Church, I say the hell with the pope. The same pope that excused Islamist pieces of shit that killed 12 people at the Charlie Hebdo headquarters or the 120 killed at the Bataclan in Paris.

He’s full of shit.

No, just a whole lot of the hands of the Cardinals stuffed firmly up his Papal arse, he IS their puppet you know.

He is just as guilty because he helped hide it...POS

Well POPE does mean to ever so many "Protector Of Paedophile Employees."

shame for something that he knew about and did nothing, until now that it has been brought into the light.
What was that verse, "what is done in the dark shall be brought into the light, and what is done in secret shall be shouted from the rooftops? Paraphrased of course.

He is only ashamed because he, and his cult, has been exposed.

Too little too late.

This can not possibly come as a shock.

I see it as just another chapter in the long litany of sexual abuse by the Catholic Church.

The Pope's abject failure to do anything useful about this issue speaks for itself.

His abject failure to do anything useful about ANYTHING. He is just another useless talking head. Thoughts and prayers anyone?

English translation “shit, more fines!”

Doubt if fines would trouble them, there are still plenty of suckers who will remain as Catholics and pay their Tithes, etc, every week.
Fines wouldn't make even a small dent in the Coffers of the Catholic Church.

@Triphid it was simply a remark on their callousness….

And THAT is the best HE can do and offer to the victims of HIS Paedophile Employees, shame for the brutalities of HIS Priests, Thoughts and Prayers for the Victims?
I'm darned certain those Thoughts and Prayers are going to a whole lot of consoling and healing for the victims, NOT.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:626720
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.