Agnostic.com

21 4

Movies of your life

What are your favorite parts or lines from your favorite movies? Extra points for posting lines that aren’t from classics that everybody knows.

Oosaleh 4 Apr 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Every line of Spinal Tap. There are more truths in that movie about what happens in the music business than most people would think. Favorite line, "But ours go to eleven ".

yeah 11

Definitely. "Well it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel is it"

Goodbye and thanks for all of the fish!

Apocalypse Now is my favorite film. It's far more than just another war film.
"Have you ever considered any real freedom...freedom from the opinions of others, even the opinions of yourself..." is a favorite, but the film is full of them.
. Thin red line remake - "they want you dead or part of their lie"......" If we never meet, let me feel the loss"

Colonel Kurtz - "his idea - methods - became unsound":

Are you an assassin ?
I'm a soldier, sir.
You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by some grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

“Back when I was a Marxist...” Thomas Sowell in an interview with Dave Rubin. Not a movie but it cracked me up.

"Nice speech, Eve. But I wouldn't worry too much about your heart. You can always put that award where your heart ought to be." -- Margo Channing (Bette Davis), All About Eve, 1950

Lindbergh teaching a Preacher to land a plane: no, no you're stalling pull the nose up, or we'll crash
Preacher: I'm not worried , I got a prayer for landing, .....don't you ever pray son?
Lindbergh: I don't need to pray, I know how to land a plane

Come with me if you want to live!

If you vote for me, all of your wildest dreams will come true - Napoleon Dynamite.

I'm getting too old for this shit.

Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly?

Nope. Lethal Weapon and Star Wars.

Toto too? Toto too - I like this because its a question and answer with only 2 letters

gater Level 7 Apr 21, 2018

'I'm going to have to science the shit out of this' 🙂

Lol, love it! Extra points because I have no idea what movie it is from.... do tell!

@Oosaleh The Martian 🙂

I live the song, I have confidence, from sound of music.

“I heard a story once — as a matter of fact, I’ve heard a lot of stories in my time. They began with the sound of a tinny piano playing in a parlor downstairs…”

I am stumped!

I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

Stumped again!

Oh, scared huh? How long do you stay fresh in that can?

??

Want an icecream sandwich? They’re on whole wheat with lettuce!
From Grandma’s Boy
The lady that played on Everybody Loves Roman, Dorris, maybe?

"Ich glaube das ich ein Pussycat gesehen habe."

I've promised myself to one, but I've given myself to another.

Another favorite movie of mine: Radioland Murders

Katzenback: Now you listen to me, Junior. Don't you think that I don't know what's going on, because I do know, and now you know that I know.

Walt Whalen Junior: Listen, I don't know what you know that I know, but I do know that you don't know what you think you know.

Katzenback: Oh no?

Walt Whalen Junior: No.

From the movie:

Shaggy:
This is tied for the most terrifying day of my life!

Velma:
Tied with what?

Shaggy:
Every other freaking day of my life!

This is far from my favorite movie but in the Devil Wears Prada there was a line that made me laugh because it's something my sister would say “I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight."

Let's see if you can guess the movie from this quote. "It's just a scratch. I've had worse."

@Stevil No not Predator. I'll give you a hint. Here is another line from the movie "What are you going to do, bleed on me?"

Monty Python?

@Oosaleh Yes! Monte Python and the Holy Grail. The scene with the black night.

@Stevil Ahhhhh! No, and Eww! Why would you say that? That's going to give me nightmares man.

I saw an excerpt from your post, posing your question... Saw and was soooo irritated that I COULD remember the line, but not from where.
Monty Python, of course!! The knight gets everything chopped off, still boasts "it's only a scratch". The catapulting of cows (copied in a cool way in the Alaskan TV comedy... forget the name..
Good movies, good memories!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:62903
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.