Agnostic.com

3 10

manchins kids

whiskywoman 8 Oct 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

About the first one.... It is good for a laugh but we know and they know it is not about the right and wrong. It is about what you get done. We have shiny ideas but can't get one done. Now free college tution is out of the new Democratic infrastructure bill that was rotting in Congress for 5 months. Lets laugh now coz Mitch McConnell will have the last laugh in 2022.

I'm wondering if the plan along was to let trump trash the country, the economy and set up the next guy for failure to ensure the gop retakes the senate in 2022 and the WH in 2024. There really are simply too many crises to manage. Inflation, supply issues, workers, etc. all of it is pretty much the direct result of not dealing with the COVID-19 virus in January 2020 and removing the competent people who would have been the most help to the current president. Everything trump and the gop did in 4 years has left the U.S. very vulnerable. Not that I beleive in conspiracy theories but damn it sure looks like a set up for a perfect storm.

@silverotter11

Hasty, chaotic Afghanistan withdrawal, American soldiers' deaths, loss of respect from and dismay of all allies, Democrats' infighting among progressives and moderates, failing to pass infrastructure in 5 months in spite of Democrats' majority in Congress, lack of unity on any policy, any vision, constant squabbling, supply chain failure is not what Trump did. Biden and we as Democrats must own those failures but you make no mention. We all here are focused on ranting against Trump, that's all we do here.

We are going to serve presidency and all Congress to Republicans in 2024 and 2022 on a silver platter. It is embarrassing.

i sure hope not

@silverotter11 totally trump has wanted power and the money he could steal for a long time he hates America and he actually should have been prosecuted many years ago for that building in iran I think it is along with ivanka who is on cam talking about it

@silverotter11, @St-Sinner I certainly hope not we need to pass the build back better with 1.5 for now and get that into affect then win more seats so joe mancion can't dictate keeping coal

@whiskywoman

One of the skills voters demand of their leaders like Biden, Pelosi and Schumer is negotiate, bargain, maneuver, outmaneuver, do anything but make deals, get things done. That's exactly what they are not doing but instead have been sticking to their egos, arrogance, staying in office and taking care of themselves.

We keep electing leaders that are useless but we rant against the enemy and adore and glorify our leaders. They say in Democracy leaders are only as good as their voters are. It reflects on how weak we are.

@St-Sinner BUT one really does have to go back to the source - I totally agree the dems could have done much better but being hamstrung from the get go has not helped. The fact that in the months prior to biden taking office there was NO help from the gop in the transition process certainly did not help.
That said, I have long suspected big money/big corporate fuels a lot of what our elected officials do or do not do and most of the time it's looks like they are actually working together to undermind the American experiment with democracy.

@St-Sinner They - the eleceted officials - know the playbook and work it to their advantage.

@silverotter11

Not to our advantage who elect them.

@St-Sinner what gets to me is how ccritical we can be when we don't do anything to help like run yourself ad find out how hard it is to negotiate with assholes and crooks

@whiskywoman

That is a common excuse. My job is to vote, not run. If they are not capable to fulfill own promises they should retire.

I have seen Republicans getting things done more than Democrats do. Democrats are timid and not united, always squabbling.

But as a Democrat supporter, I can see how you can forgive own side's weakness while being unforgiving to the other side.

I am on the side of who gets things done that I like. May it be either side. I am not a blind supporter.

@St-Sinner all politicians make promises and some are impossible to keep ...republicans are united in destruction of our democracy at the present and I agree des need to get mad and unite and kick ass

@whiskywoman

Democrats will not do it because they are timid.

Your view is common on both sides. Conservatives think Democrats, progressives are destroying America and we think Republicans are destroying democracy. Remember we are a 50:50 country. We have not been able to get absolute majority in a long long time because 50% of the country does not agree with us.

The proof is just ahead in 2022 and 2024. If Democrats will keep the House or Senate I will apologize here publicly.

The first one has been the Republican goal ever since social security became law.

This one says it all. Don't know if Robin Williams actually originated this, but it's from "Man of The Year".

I agree totally it would be nice to know who they vote for and it should be illegal I think it is but they don't enforce it

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:629334
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.