Agnostic.com

16 5

Stuck in a rut

What do you when you are feeling stuck and unmotivated with the monotony of life? How do you unstuck yourself?

GladToBeFree 5 Apr 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Change to escape monotony sometimes requires great courage and conviction.

Is it your occupation that is causing you to be stuck? Perhaps your surrounds.

Changing your job or even your profession is difficult, but was for me the easiest.

Changing your surrounds is a bit harder, but I have also done this a couple of times including moving country.

For temporary relief, I simply go for a walk 😉

I challenge myself to do at least one thing each day that makes me fearful. Small steps.

Get up and go

Not sure. Yes, I know what it means, happened a lot years ago. hmmm, not since I left my ex 25 years ago next month. Maybe the answer is in ehre somewhere. I was held backby? prisoner of the relationship. Now life is so hectic, but in a good way. I am always doing htings that mean something to me.

I hear you. It can be hard. I try to give my brain a jump start by going to museum, reading something outside of the genres I usually read... I also find doing something physically challenging can help lever my thoughts out of a rut. Building something, bike ride or a long hike.

I tend to just make myself step away from the rut and come back to it unless I get depressed and then I just implode and disappear into myself.

get out of your confort zone. Plunge into something unfamiliar. Talk to strangers in a coffee shop. Do something creative without purpose.

I draw a spider chart of what is important to me and then look at whether I'm acheiving them or not. If I'm not acheiving what I want to a list of things to do generally ensues and I need to make some choices or life changes.

ironically I really try to stay off the internet... I think subconsciously we think we will find our answers there. But in reality your bounce back is going to be discovered in real life.

boom Level 4 Apr 21, 2018

What are your hobbies, or things you wanted to do that you never got around to? Let's start there.

I try to find a new door or window to open. I try to use the principle that "Life is for living. That's what I must do." Sometimes that means new activities or new experiences or even new friends. When I'm active in projects and/or with others, I can usually climb out.

Join your local republican party and start making change from within!
It's a real challenge, if nothing else. Guaranteed to pull anyone out of a rut.
😉

Beautiful suggestion. ❤

Change your life routine.
Work on a passions things in your life.
Set a Goal and challenge it

Good idea.

I start rediogn another book, go for a walk in the woods, and somtiems since I am nto too enthused anyways, I look to do somethign tht needs to be done which I have been puttign off.

I might try that.

Good question. Get as much sunlight as I can.. It's been a long cold winter.

It's raining where I am. Not much sunlight.

Give yourself one damn hard kick. Say ouch !   laugh at yourself and there you are ?

Lol

@GladToBeFree See how easy it is ? You feel better already !

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:62966
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.